just a couple pics of my ms261 in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little background, this red oak got toppled by a wind storm a couple weeks ago. Was hollow from the stump to about 4 feet up. Probly 20" dbh size...bought this 261 in January. Got about 8-10 gallons through it. Brad modded the muffler and advance the timing. Real fun to run in the smaller wood.

Nice tree, nicer saw and great crop of poison ivy to work in! hahaha, looks like it anyway.

Nah, no poison ivy there....but I tell ya u ain't seen poison ivy until you've been down to Tennessee. Vines all over the trees like 2-3 inches thick..lol

Nah, no poison ivy there....but I tell ya u ain't seen poison ivy until you've been down to Tennessee. Vines all over the trees like 2-3 inches thick..lol

Ya, they can get pretty stout here too..

I was in missouri once, thick brush and forest, out morel hunting. So, come to a creek, saw a log big enough to walk across it easy, about a foot thick. log kept going..kept going, thinking WTF kinda of tree is this...followed it..got back into denser shade and it thinned out some and I looked closer, it was a poison ivy vine! The mother of all vines, had shoots and runners all over. That is by far and away the largest one I ever saw.

Nothing like working in and by the rivers in the woods in Middle Tennessee in the summer. My boss asked me one time why I always have poison ivy. I took him down to some of our work sites and gave him a tour. I then asked him to point out a tree or location that did not have poison ivy

Ya, they can get pretty stout here too..

I was in missouri once, thick brush and forest, out morel hunting. So, come to a creek, saw a log big enough to walk across it easy, about a foot thick. log kept going..kept going, thinking WTF kinda of tree is this...followed it..got back into denser shade and it thinned out some and I looked closer, it was a poison ivy vine! The mother of all vines, had shoots and runners all over. That is by far and away the largest one I ever saw.

I'd have had to made a bee-line for the creek after that...

People fear snakes and bees; I fear the ivy....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Back