Ms261 regular carb to mtronic carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mTronic causes cancer.

Mine got hold of a knife and tried to stab me in the back.

Non OEM clutch cover nuts use to attempt that all the time. I fixed that with the new captured nuts. I know, them new fangled nuts are a problem (MTronics probably conspiring with the nuts), just not sure yet what kinda problems. @cuinmyrearend

I prefer the standard adjustable carbs, they give you adjustability for a specific scenario and long term proven reliability. Unnecessary electronics that require a 2 - 4 week wait at the shop for them to get to your saw and a big bill to hook it up to their computer to diagnose a running issue and more parts to repair at a higher cost is just another example of dumbing down of society and an ever growing incompetent one too.

Especially when a screw driver can solve it rather than worn / leaking solenoids that require high micro filters or ever outdated modules that in 10 years time won’t be able to be read by stihls equipment and then forced to get a newer model.

What can be easily fixed on the go, isn’t always possible with m-tronics and then you’re at the mercy of the manufacturer when they want to outdate a model that you can’t get your one fixed.

You mock the simpler systems, yet look at what happened with John Deer customers and the right to repair act.

And let me add, m-tronic is a fantastic system in certain situations (especially homeowners), but I don’t see it as the blanket answer like you do.

Edit:

Thats me but I'm not in the video. I'm divorced from JD and have been for a few years. Nothing green here on this farm except one implement now. I went back to the older large power machines that are devoid of the electronics that I can fix myself. The profit margin in farming is tight to begin with so if I can save money I do and that applies to chainsaws and weed trimmers as well. Never be a computer controlled tractor on this land as long as I'm alive. Nice but when they break it's always big bucks.

The issue with farm tractors is, unlike modern cars and trucks, none are OBD compliant which means you must use their software to diagnose and repair and JD (among others) want that. Especially with JD. You don't really ever own the tractor, you lease it because you cannot repair it.

Very sore subject with me and other producers as well.

The issue with farm tractors is, unlike modern cars and trucks, none are OBD compliant which means you must use their software to diagnose and repair and JD (among others) want that. Especially with JD. You don't really ever own the tractor, you lease it because you cannot repair it.

Very sore subject with me and other producers as well.

Software on a tractor? Unless your are cutting crop circles (so 1990s) f' the dash display and get to work.

Well, you are either a John Deere mechanic or you are a farmer. I don't see you being good at both.

Nobody around here I know that can afford a new big John Deere piece of equipment.
But, plenty of 20 or 30 year old 150 HP tractors with 6000 hours working just fine.
And, not much on them you can't have tomorrow by 11:00 AM if you want to pay freight.
Say that about anybody else.

Just hang out here at Arboristsite.com and there will be plenty of people you can trade with. MTronic is the way forward, yet we've a bunch of experts here that swear MTronic is BAD, riddled with problems, and could kill you. In a couple of years these "experts" will pay you to do a swap with them as they shun the more advance stuff. Be patient though. These experts are on dial-up, as broadband is also BAD, riddle with problems and could kill you.
No Joke man,
Did a teardown on an M-Tronic one night and started shootin fuel in my face, Damn near drowned.

Now I keep a Sledge Hammer and a Beretta by the work bench just in case...

Mad3400

Well, you are either a John Deere mechanic or you are a farmer. I don't see you being good at both.

Nobody around here I know that can afford a new big John Deere piece of equipment.
But, plenty of 20 or 30 year old 150 HP tractors with 6000 hours working just fine.
And, not much on them you can't have tomorrow by 11:00 AM if you want to pay freight.
Say that about anybody else.
You don't know me. I do all my own repairs which are now infrequent. It's all expensive today and getting worse as the dollar devalues. Got away from Deere because of the electronics mostly. Pretty bad when JD puts sensors in the fuel and oil filters to monitor flow and when there is an issue, the Green Star unit conveys that code to the local dealer who has to make a farm call and they even want you to use their oils and lubricants. I bought Pre 4 used tractors on Tractor House, had them shipped to my local dealer where my good friend is the head wrench and had him go through them and repair what was required and have been running them for a while now, no issues. Still have a green combine, that is it but I may off it for a axial flow (new) IH unit. Not sure. A new combine with a corn and grain table is near 200 grand today.

You don't know me. I do all my own repairs which are now infrequent. It's all expensive today and getting worse as the dollar devalues. Got away from Deere because of the electronics mostly. Pretty bad when JD puts sensors in the fuel and oil filters to monitor flow and when there is an issue, the Green Star unit conveys that code to the local dealer who has to make a farm call and they even want you to use their oils and lubricants. I bought Pre 4 used tractors on Tractor House, had them shipped to my local dealer where my good friend is the head wrench and had him go through them and repair what was required and have been running them for a while now, no issues. Still have a green combine, that is it but I may off it for a axial flow (new) IH unit. Not sure. A new combine with a corn and grain table is near 200 grand today.

I wasn't talking about you literally .

The guy that leases my land has a second hand John Deere combine. He raises about 1000 acres of wheat and soy beans alternating and about 100 acres of tobacco. Small I suppose relatively.
Fortunately there is a John Deere guy with a service truck that is really good since there is always something breaking on a combine.
He was talking about finding a Gleaner if this guy retires, working on that big stuff has worn him out pretty bad.
Says Gleaners are simpler design.
I stopped and talked to him the other day when he was planting one of my fields. Older JD four wheel drive pulling the drill with duals about 7 feet tall. Said he was going to try and get through this year with that drill. What's a new drill , $30,000 probably. Planter maybe I should call it.

Don't see how ya'll do it.

I wasn't talking about you literally .

The guy that leases my land has a second hand John Deere combine. He raises about 1000 acres of wheat and soy beans alternating and about 100 acres of tobacco. Small I suppose relatively.
Fortunately there is a John Deere guy with a service truck that is really good since there is always something breaking on a combine.
He was talking about finding a Gleaner if this guy retires, working on that big stuff has worn him out pretty bad.
Says Gleaners are simpler design.
I stopped and talked to him the other day when he was planting one of my fields. Older JD four wheel drive pulling the drill with duals about 7 feet tall. Said he was going to try and get through this year with that drill. What's a new drill , $30,000 probably. Planter maybe I should call it.

Don't see how ya'll do it.

This has taken a turn. SideCarFlip was attacking software and sensors on JD tractors. How much software is in a drill? Put down the Iphones, learn to weld, stop abusing the equipment.

Only on this site where people are experts on Chainsaws, yet can't start them, or still don't know how to sharpen a chain, or how to use a file.

I'm going to cut some wood this morning. You guys figure this out in the mean time, or just quite complaining and do some work.

You are obviously an urban rat.

Last year I bought a JD120 from a farmer. He said it didn't have spark and that he did not have time to fix it. Took me about 1 minute after I got home to determine the spark was fine. A short time later I learned a rocker arm push rod was bent, then I found out the valve guide was being pushed out. This was because the head was encrusted in dirt, grease, grime and overheating. Fixed it all up, ran like new, all labor, and sold it for 4* what I paid.

Yeah, urban rat here. Farmers know everything.... LOL

This has taken a turn. SideCarFlip was attacking software and sensors on JD tractors. How much software is in a drill? Put down the Iphones, learn to weld, stop abusing the equipment.

Only on this site where people are experts on Chainsaws, yet can't start them, or still don't know how to sharpen a chain, or how to use a file.

I'm going to cut some wood this morning. You guys figure this out in the mean time, or just quite complaining and do some work.

This equipment does not last forever. It is just a fact. Maybe if you would do some work you would discover that eventually.

This equipment does not last forever. It is just a fact. Maybe if you would do some work you would discover that eventually.

Yeah, its called wear and tear. All equipment, and all brands suffer wear and tear, so nothing new is being said. So the drill is wearing out, not suffering due to the "software". I think we are starting to make progress here. MAYBE MTronic is not the end of the world as we know it. Just maybe there are other things that happen to chainsaws, like abuse, owner/operator error, wear and tear, runs out of gas, chain gets dull, tree falls on saw, bar gets folded over due to truck driving over it, etc. etc.

IMG_0868.JPG

BTW, this is what I had repaired as of Tuesday waiting to be picked up. You can tell what time of year it is.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ah308/rgerringer/IMG_0868.JPG

Can you make a ms261 non mtronic into the mtronic version got one used from a pawn shop just wondering if I can thank you for any information
I'm interested in doing a swap with you. I have a mtronic saw and would rather have the regular carb version.

Latest posts

Back