Do they make the MS261 without the Mtronic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the discussion. Obviously most of the dealers around me don't know the difference for some reason

Left today with my 261 WITHOUT Mtronic and a 20" bar. Holes on right side for adjustments and no C on the flywheel plate.

Thanks all

Attachments

• PXL_20230228_231611102.jpg
    PXL_20230228_231611102.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230228_231616831.jpg
    PXL_20230228_231616831.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Currently, multiple dealers in my area are stocking more ms261's than ms261c's. Just ask the guy behind the counter to order one if you don't see it on the shelf. Personally, the m-tronic saws are great and wouldn't hesitate.
I suspect the MTrons arent being shipped to them.

Funny, every dealer I called had the Mtronic one in stock but it was hard for me to find anyone with a non-mtronic. The dealer had to call a sister dealer about an hour away, get the saw sent here, and then convert it from a 16" bar to a 20" for me!

Price? Did it have a light bar?
$1500 something or other. Had a 24" standard bar on it. Id assume they would swap it out. With whatever you want/ is available. I'd assume eblings in meyerstown should have them too, but haven't gotten over that way recently.

My local dealer has 500i's on the shelf everyday. He sells to all the local tree service companies.

But 500i's aren't M-Tronic. So if there's any M-Tronic shortage they aren't affected. They may be affected by other part shortages though...
Supposedly it's a harness issue since srihl has them made in the Ukraine. I'd assume it will effect all their saws, mtronic or not.

Supposedly it's a harness issue since srihl has them made in the Ukraine. I'd assume it will effect all their saws, mtronic or not.

I don't know for sure. I've seen Reddit posts and other people saying it's an M-Tronic harness issue.

If that's the case, the 500i isn't affected by that, but it could easily be affected by something else. Maybe that same factory also makes 500i parts?

It’s an Mtronic harness issue. Last I heard about a year ago, once distributor stock was used up, the only way to order a new stihl saw was with the adjustable carb. The bulletin read something to the effect of “for the foreseeable future”. Guessing the 400cm harnesses are different and are mostly readily available

Latest posts

Back