So what do you guys think about your first autotune or mtronic saw after you have ran regular carbs for years??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yes I know mtronic and autotune saws have been out a while now. Anyway I just got a new ms261c and have only ran maybe 3-tanks threw her (cutting tulip which if it was dropped off for free I wouldn’t even pick up) so to me it’s a soft wood to cut…

Anyway was just wondering what your guys thoughts/opinions/complaints would be about them after running regular carbs for years (like I have)….i was reluctant but ran across a deal I couldn’t pass so I will finally find out what it’s all about!!!

Not trying to start a debate just curious if you really ended up liking the mtronic/autotune or just prefer standard carb??

Like all 4 of my mtronic saws. Only thing I will say is do not run it completely out of fuel. It may be hard to start if you do. If/ when you you hear it start to lean out ,shut it off. It takes a mtronic saw 6-8 tanks to break in from new.
Ya I tell ya I dont know how many takes my 461 took, but I took a while to break in, love that saw….do you have a 261c

Only “electronic” carb saw I own is a husky 545 MkII and I have nothing bad to say about it. I do prefer old school adjustable carb saws though.
I seen a 545 for $250 fairly close to me, looks brand new to hardly used…..I don’t have any husky’s (not against owning one at all), but I don’t know anything about the 545

I have recently acquired 3 saws to cut firewood. I have access to a large supply of white and red oak and locust (lots of osage orange, good firewood but no fun to cut). Saws are new Stihl 280, 261,and 362. They start easily, run well and cut well. The 261 is impressive, but the 362 is amazing. They replace a 361, 041, and a 021 which are up for auction March 9.

I had a MS362C for a couple of years and I thought it was the cat's meow. But, I got a MS361 for nothing that just needed a piston and sold the MS362C. I made $300 profit on the MS362C , so, why not.
I don't fall in love with the inventory.
I had a standard carb 362 and sold it, but I just rebuilt another one…trying to sell it but no takers may just keep it… What size bar you run on the 362 and 361??

I have recently acquired 3 saws to cut firewood. I have access to a large supply of white and red oak and locust (lots of osage orange, good firewood but no fun to cut). Saws are new Stihl 280, 261,and 362. They start easily, run well and cut well. The 261 is impressive, but the 362 is amazing. They replace a 361, 041, and a 021 which are up for auction March 9.
Ya Osage is the best got to have a proper sharpened chain or your in trouble…is your 362 a mtronic….i liked the 362, but once i got the 461 any hard wood 20” or over I just used the 461 on so I sold it….i may keep this one and see how I remember it…I got some tulip and hackberry logs that are 20” plus…

What size bar you use on the 362???

If it’s in like new condition $250 is a steal. Is it a MkI or MkII?
I haven’t asked the guy….where is the manufacturer date on a husky and what’s the year they started the mark 2…( I have no idea about huskies so keep that in mind), it’s all stihls in my area…

Ya I tell ya I dont know how many takes my 461 took, but I took a while to break in, love that saw….do you have a 261c
Yes 261c and 241,400 and 462. All mtronic. 261 is picked up most of the time. Then the 400. 241 is a shelf queen now and the 462 for when I have big stuff.

Latest posts

Back