So what do you guys think about your first autotune or mtronic saw after you have ran regular carbs for years??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The husky auto tune mark 3 version doesn't have a choke position just a start/fast idle position. The choke is set automatically by the mk3 software. I have the 540xp mk3 which has auto choke and I believe the new 592 has the mk3 too.
I left it elsewhere and brought the Makita 3601 to weigh it so can't check at this time. You grab a little thing pull it out and then press the pulled out thing forward. Then when the trigger is touched it moves to normal run. A down push kills the engine just like my Dolmar 6100 say. I doubt there is a solenoid think it is linkage, it does have a throttle cable not linkage. The day I brought it home it restarted quite well now it restarts quite reliably holding the throtle full on and drop starting, not so reliable any more just pulling the rope. I don't have a 339xp to compare it to but the 338 top handle new edition one with the automatic compression release and crude one transfer port per side starts incredibly well and I have never removed the limiters. It sure does not have the dirt and air separation of this new one.

There is no ipl available for the 540mk3 but you can go to the Husky website and get to the pages one at a time and order parts of that if you are really curious if a solenoid on the choke. Like the battery chainsaw I have not all the electric parts are shown maybe the dealers can get a few more pages. Part #21 is called choke control assembly (carb and air filter sheet if it does not bring you there directly) and https://shop.husqvarna.com/us/EPCProductView?epcOverrideCategory=Chain+Saws&catalogId=13051&epcProduct=540+XP®+Mark+III&epcVariantName=540+XP®+Mark+III&modelId=&epcCategory=Chain+Saws&epcBrandName=&csfId=&langId=-1&storeId=11251&epcPmid=A00001640#

I always like a 50 cc saw. My 50 and 51 was nice saws about always a glitch this or that. Had a bare wire started when they wanted to after warmed up. I got a 550 auto tune had a learning curve. I got the hang of it and has been great a flat out beast. In 1981 had a 028 ran great for awhile the dam muffler would fall off every time. At 63 I really like my auto tune. It will set for months start in 3 pulls. The old should be remembered. Never threw rosed covered glasses. Old cars would never warm up till got to work. You can say what you want about EPA OSSHA . Being a old age runner I set behind a old car at the drive threw. Was not fun. My eyes was burning. I grew up when every one smoke inside. I should be immune. I only got 2 points to make. 1 never talk safety when you never wear eye protection. 2 Never tell me how bad vaccines are when smoking a cigarette. The person just ask about auto tune ? And did not need serum. My advice watch who you talk to. Get to know the people that work on the stuff. The sale person will tell you want you to hear. A lot to be said about sale people they will profit. At best is make a big pay check. They really have no care after that. They never cared if Joe blow destroyed a body and the task was beyond the pay scale. Just pick BS. I just wrote a life story on a auto tune page. I got this famer I watch says good morning f I enjoy it

I have a 2020 562 XP with AT. Not 100% on which version but in the only 3 tanks of run time, I had to reset 1 time as it was a new saw. Ran like crap first time I fired it up.

Reset worked and saw has ran fine ever since. But, I take that with a grain of salt as it has only had 3 tanks ran through since out of the box. If I had more big wood to cut, I would love to put more time on it.

Personally I like the Mtronic/autotune saws. With the exception of a little firewood duty, my saws are used for storm cleanup and dead tree removal around the farm. I even have a nearly 10 yr old jonsered, 2253 if my memory serves me correctly. It has had no updates, no hot or cold start issues, and may sit for a year at the time but never fails to start and runs out strong. I have both a 462c and 261c and they are impressive as well.

Latest posts

Back