Just about blew a gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How else was he supposed to get that cable buried in the back yard? Your saw works way better than a shovel!

i told him he owes me a box of beer. he then started to complain saying he'll get me a 6'er. i told him a 6'er is for if the chain comes back just dull and no evidence of him trying to file it. a 12 is for if there was any damage done. little prick tried to cover it up with a file too. must think i'm ****'n stupid or something. i should have took a pic of it but i already ground it out. gotta be over 1/4 cutter life gone :mad:

i told him he owes me a box of beer. he then started to complain saying he'll get me a 6'er. i told him a 6'er is for if the chain comes back just dull and no evidence of him trying to file it. a 12 is for if there was any damage done. little prick tried to cover it up with a file too. must think i'm ****'n stupid or something. i should have took a pic of it but i already ground it out. gotta be over 1/4 cutter life gone :mad:

Beer? Just beer? No my friend he owes you a 24 AND a new bar & chain that will learn him. He will think twice about asking to borrow anything again.. OR get an lectric powa house like I have and let him have at it!!

funny a loaning thread should pop up today. i lent my BIL a bar and brand new chain this morning because he couldn't get any new chain cause everywhere that sells chain is closed new years. he brought the bar and chain back an hour ago all rocked to living hell :mad::mad::mad:. brain dead ****'n idiots i tell ya. won't happen again.
So he keeps the bar and chain and replaces it once the stores open, eh? Seems fair to me.

I loaned out a 044 six years ago, seen it just last Tuesday in the truck bed of the fellow I loaned it to, hardly a bit of paint left on the mag case and the plastics faded real bad so I know how how you feel. With 6 saws out on loan I have to stop this foolish practice.

Hey Jerry, can I borrow an 044? I've never run one.
Thanks in advance;).

funny a loaning thread should pop up today. i lent my BIL a bar and brand new chain this morning because he couldn't get any new chain cause everywhere that sells chain is closed new years. he brought the bar and chain back an hour ago all rocked to living hell :mad::mad::mad:. brain dead ****'n idiots i tell ya. won't happen again.

There are brothers-in-law that are smart, hard working, honest, and good. Of course I believe in unicorns and santa too!

Hu

I just went to my BIL house last Friday cause he needed a small tree cut down. He mentioned the tree needing cut down at a party at his house the night before. I volunteered to help him out and he replied that I didn't have to do that and that he could just borrow one of my saws and cut it himself. I assured him I didn't mind helping him out. I drove 40 mins each way to do 15 mins of work but was glad I could help him out. We he mentioned me loaning him a saw I remembered something Wranglerstar says on one of his Youtube videos, he said" There are two things in life you shouldn't lend out, one is your wife, there other is your chainsaw." Pretty sound advice if you ask me.

That explains why he needed a chain.

One will suffice ( do I have to give it back? )
Did you see I picked up that 028S that Randy ported? Very nice little saw.

044`s are good saws for my area, really no great need for anything bigger so I like to have a few in my arsenal. Not sure they are really big enough for your type of cutting and wood. The 660 and up are better for 28" and up bars in real hard types of wood. I would still send you one out if you really wanted one. I did see you got that saw, Jon 1212 had it for a while did he not?

044`s are good saws for my area, really no great need for anything bigger so I like to have a few in my arsenal. Not sure they are really big enough for your type of cutting and wood. The 660 and up are better for 28" and up bars in real hard types of wood. I would still send you one out if you really wanted one. I did see you got that saw, Jon 1212 had it for a while did he not?

if you are handing out 044 like tic tacs hook me up!

My friends that have chainsaws and know chainsaws, never ask me to loan them one of mine. Nor do I ask to borrow one of theirs.

I will not loan a chainsaw to someone with very little to no experience with them. I can't recall the last time someone asked to use my saw. If they did, I most likely told them that I would look up Home Depot's rental dept. for them.
I loaned a pry bar to a guy a while back. I was reluctant, because of his track record, but I gave in. He promised to return it the next day. About 4 days later, he shows up without my bar and wants to borrow a large socket. He talked my leg off to get me to loan him that bar and now he has the audacity to show up without it and wants to borrow something else. Needless to say, he got sent on his merry way. About a month later I stopped at his house to get my bar back. As he was on his way to answer the door, he hollered "I have your bar". This guy is a nuisance, the dumb bastard just got out of prison for slicing the tires on several cop cars.

Better loaned out and abused than stolen...

Had to borrow my friends saw to cut up a couple treesin the yard. Because all 30 of mine were broken! Sharpened the chain and filled the gas and the oil, greased the bar when I got done...

I've got a collection of semi nice cheap/near free saws I'm working on getting fixed so I can give them to people who need them. I'm working on a Pro Mac 610 for some hippie friends. They are cutting their firewood with a cross cut saw right now.

Learnt the hard way, bored of stuff getting broken, scratched, forgotten and left in the rain(files work better when they're rusty, eh?)

I lent a very good friend my husky fuel can with the quick fill spout that I had just replaced as the old one was getting tight, the moron he works with broke it trying to fill a saw...???

How the **** can you break a brand new husky spout?

Made the mistake of borrowing a couple of things when I was younger, other peoples cheap homeowner crappy stuff always breaks too, I even ended up replacing two ancient cracked worn trailer tires with brand new commercial grade tires because they both blew. I can't give stuff back ruined, I just can't.

I have my tools, they are good tools and I bought them for me, for my use, buy your own!

Took my beater 288 to work, everyone knew it was mine but some young **** still took it stumping, don't you love it when someone helps themselves to your stuff that you love and care for then drives around like a race driver for the day with it in the back of a metal tray, had it been one of my new saws I seriously would've hit him

If I borrow something and it breaks I'll fix it or replace it, maybe I'm just odd....

Never a lender or a borrower be

.......They are cutting their firewood with a cross cut saw right now.

When I was 17 or 18 I rented a house with only a flue connection.......no other type of heat. I found myself cutting firewood with a bow saw. I'd work my ass off to get enough wood to heat the house till the next evening when I got home from work......then I'd do it all over again. I finally got an old sand cast Poulan.......I was in hog heaven.

I never borrowed a damn thing.......

I was always told " neither a lender nor a borrower be " My mom taught me that at a very young age. At 51 I can tell you that has always worked to my advantage. I never had to replace a tool for someone else that I borrowed then broke.
I always figured that if I borrow a tool from you and break it I will have to buy you a new one. So I might as well just buy the tool for me instead then I will never need to borrow it in the first place.

Back