just bought a new ms290FB.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1981

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just bought a new ms290FB today. My neighbor has a buddy who has a family member who works at Hartsfield Jackson airport Atlanta. He gets the saws for free because people try and bring them on the plane. Thats a no no now a days...

Long story short paid 250 for her (new is 330). Going to add 2 new bumper spikes (bigger), run 10-15 tanks of gas through her or a little more, then sell for a little over 300. <--- this is why I bought it to make money, double my profit.

Pics

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

I am truely blessed to have such good opportunities.

Good saw but your math is not right. You paid $250 and are going to sell for $300 is not doubling your money that's only a $50 profit. Double would be $500. Good luck with the sale. I find it hard to sell these because you can go to the dealer and buy a brand new one with a warranty and new bar and chain.

Plus... it doesn't need bigger dogs. Also don't mount a dog to the clutch cover. The clutch cover is plastic and prone to cracking if a dog is mounted there.

Just leave the stock dog on there and it will be just fine.

Gary

Plus... it doesn't need bigger dogs. Also don't mount a dog to the clutch cover. The clutch cover is plastic and prone to cracking if a dog is mounted there.

Just leave the stock dog on there and it will be just fine.

Gary

interesting I never thought of that. thats why I love this site you all are very knowledgeable.

speaking of that my 66 has one clutch cover. but is it plastic?

J.

No... 066 covers are not plastic, and can accept the big fallin' dogs no sweat.

Puttin' fallin' dogs on saws under 70cc's is a waste...

Gary

so the pro saws all have non plastic clutch covers, mid range and homeowbers are plastic?

does the 361 have plastic clutch cover or no?

thanks for teaching the uneducated, gary! your the man!

OK so you have a buddy who got the saw for free cause some poor guy lost it at the airport. Then you buy it cheap and want to run it a few times and announce you want more for it after you run it then you bought it for??? Its like telling someone your gonna rip them off before a sale ROFL. It's a nice looking saw though. :cheers:

you will have a hard time getting more than what u paid for it let alone over 300. most people would just give the extra 40-50 bux for a new one with a warranty. you did get a great deal on the saw so i would just keep it and run the crap out of it.:cheers:

so the pro saws all have non plastic clutch covers, mid range and homeowbers are plastic?

does the 361 have plastic clutch cover or no?

thanks for teaching the uneducated, gary! your the man!
The MS 361 has a metal clutch cover, it is a professional saw, nice saws too.

I'm still trying to picture someone attempting to take a brand new saw on a plane (Yeah--dumb idea for sure, but...) and then just leaving it there b/c he can't take it on board. I mean, I had a pocketknife that I forgot about, and was able to pick it up later. You'd think the same could be done with a saw. Plus, the OP makes it sound like this is a common occurrence.

"Sir, do you have any chainsaws in that bag?"

I'm still trying to picture someone attempting to take a brand new saw on a plane (Yeah--dumb idea for sure, but...) and then just leaving it there b/c he can't take it on board. I mean, I had a pocketknife that I forgot about, and was able to pick it up later. You'd think the same could be done with a saw. Plus, the OP makes it sound like this is a common occurrence.

"Sir, do you have any chainsaws in that bag?"

Yeah, chainsaws on airplanes is a new one on me :greenchainsaw:

well, i put outter spikes on my little 310 and i am glad i did. never had any problem with the plastic cover. Sometimes in a odd position or whatever, they are handy. just my experience.

Back in 2003 went on my honeymoon to the Caribean. talked with a school teacher on summer vac who was doing work on his brother's house. He brought a chainsaw on the plane and stated that he had to run it dry gas and oil, dis-assemble it and check it as luggage. Customs gave him a strange look but let him take it to the island.

other item was a guy who would fly from TX to Newark, NJ with a car tow hitch. guess he would buy 2 cars/trucks, haul both back to TX (probably cross to Mexico then and resell)

Back