Just can't get wound up...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIM

Addicted to ArboristSite
I really have tried to get going with this years wood cutting but just can't get past the heat. I know I'm gonna regret it doing a last minute cutting frenzy.
I have managed to do a little. I got a few of my "target trees" (another thread) drug out. Got a little bit of cutting done behind my house but all in all it's been a pretty meager start.
As much as I'd like to I just can't get into it until sweatshirt weather and the leaves start falling.
Yep... While most of you will be sippin a cold one in a heated abode. I'll be knockin snow off of trees.
I tell myself every year that I'm not gonna do this but yet here I am. WAITING...

jhoff310

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
I feel your pain bro. I have a large pile out back that has been sitting there for at least a year and a half waiting to be cut and split. I'm hoping to get out there this weekend and play in the mud...Forecast is rain and 68.

Jeff

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I really have tried to get going with this years wood cutting but just can't get past the heat. I know I'm gonna regret it doing a last minute cutting frenzy.
I have managed to do a little. I got a few of my "target trees" (another thread) drug out. Got a little bit of cutting done behind my house but all in all it's been a pretty meager start.
As much as I'd like to I just can't get into it until sweatshirt weather and the leaves start falling.
Yep... While most of you will be sippin a cold one in a heated abode. I'll be knockin snow off of trees.
I tell myself every year that I'm not gonna do this but yet here I am. WAITING...

Just do it, sweating's good for you! I work outside year round, have to, no choice. cut when it is hot, cut when it is cold, cut when it is goldilocks "just right". I'd rather KNOW I got wood up to the house and in quantities. And I have to cut when all my other work is done, PLUS have the access to it. So..whenever that is, I saddle up and just do it. I can't rely on the future "maybe" get it done, because other stuff can come up. And it gets PLENTY hot and humid here. Like I said in another thread, if them boys in africa and south/central america can cut wood, well, I can hack it here in Georgia.

For what it is worth, because I know this is a fav subject here so many guys comment on it, once I had gone about year not imbibing bavarian breakfast juice, I could handle the heat/cold/extremes a lot better. It did take a year (or so, around there) though, it wasn't immediate.

Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
I've been a winter wooder all my life, but as I get older I have become more like zog - cut a little whenever I can. It spreads out the work and sore muscles that go with it.

That and Id rather trip over the tire chains for the tractor than need to put them on to stay warm.

PA Plumber

PA Plumber

Addicted to ArboristSite
It will snow this winter.

I believe you.

There is about 15 cords of wood out back. 5 of it is split and ready to be brought up for this winter's supply. The rest is in rounds and large chunks ready to be split for future use.

Have been walking the woodlot a little thinking about staging some dead standing logs. But, as mentioned earlier, need some cooler weather to really get into the mood.

GeeVee

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
. AS Supporting Member.
Just do it, sweating's good for you! I work outside year round, have to, no choice. cut when it is hot, cut when it is cold, cut when it is goldilocks "just right". I'd rather KNOW I got wood up to the house and in quantities. And I have to cut when all my other work is done, PLUS have the access to it. So..whenever that is, I saddle up and just do it. I can't rely on the future "maybe" get it done, because other stuff can come up. And it gets PLENTY hot and humid here. Like I said in another thread, if them boys in africa and south/central america can cut wood, well, I can hack it here in Georgia.

For what it is worth, because I know this is a fav subject here so many guys comment on it, once I had gone about year not imbibing bavarian breakfast juice, I could handle the heat/cold/extremes a lot better. It did take a year (or so, around there) though, it wasn't immediate.

You mean For Breakfast, Right?

stihly dan

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Buy a new chainsaw! The wood will be done in no time. Then this winter get more. That way you wont have to pay for being a tad lazy.

Latest posts