Just for giggles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Thall's story..

Kinda gives me a idea of what it takes to run your own shop...Takes alot of patience to work with the public,,thats why I chosed to be a machinist...LOL!!! Anyways,,what I dont understand about all the fuss was about,,,the man was happy,,and thats all that counts...

Reader's Digest version for MontanaMan

Yeah, Tommy's a good guy. Like was said, he just likes to tell a good story. He also likes a good verbal "exchange". Let me clue you in...you won't win! He is a master at dodge ball if nothing else. He will turn everything you through at him and throw it right back at you. He's really nothing more than a Big Prick, lol. Old story...you'd have to read this thread, LINK. We passed the peace pipe afterwards:cheers:.

Bradley bent the rod on a little Stihl homeowner saw. Bradley did not use the proper technique as he consulteth not the appropriate repair manual. Bradley used an excessive amount of rope as a piston stop.

Tommie is a Stihl tech and Tommue goes by the book, AKA, the Stihl repair manual. Tommie safely removed the little homeowner Stihl rod by using the proper piston stop.

Now who's slingin' mud. Do you really want to go there again? Put a good rod in it and you don't have to take all those special precautions and can use normally acceptible precedures. I understand how to work on a 180 now, but why do you want to start the old mud slingin' again? I mentioned that thread in good nature, not to restart the battle. I didn't say anything about Tommy. Montana can read the thread for himself if he likes. You're doing nothing but looking for trouble. Why do you feel like you have to kiss up to Tom? I think he can handle himself.

Last edited:
Now who's slingin' mud. Do you really want to go there again? Put a good rod in it and you don't have to take all those special precautions and can use normally acceptible precedures. I understand how to work on a 180 now, but why do you want to start the old mud slingin' again? I mentioned that thread in good nature, not to restart the battle. You're doing nothing but looking for trouble.

Brad,

Take another hit on the peace pipe. But, please, don't inhale. You brought it up. How did you expect MountainMan to understand your inference? I helped.

Whining is not a becoming attribute,

ole joat

Now who's slingin' mud. Do you really want to go there again? Put a good rod in it and you don't have to take all those special precautions and can use normally acceptible precedures. I understand how to work on a 180 now, but why do you want to start the old mud slingin' again? I mentioned that thread in good nature, not to restart the battle. I didn't say anything about Tommy. Montana can read the thread for himself if he likes. You're doing nothing but looking for trouble. Why do you feel like you have to kiss up to Tom? I think he can handle himself.

I hope I didn't get this one started again. You guys all give WAAYYY more than you recieve from the folks on here. Too bad we can't all go to some "entire USA" GTG, have a beer, and laugh about it.

Call it what you like. I just get tired of the trouble causing. I only mentioned the thread to explain why I would call tom a big prick. Your commentary did nothing to explain that. I didn't want someone taking me serious about the name calling.

Brad,

Do you honestly listen to yourself when you say things like:

Put a good rod in it and you don't have to take all those special precautions and can use normally acceptible precedures. I understand how to work on a 180 now,

If Stihl would build their saws differently, then I could work on them without breaking them.

I'd suggest you and Niko have a debate:

Brad: More rod.

Niko: Less weight.

Where's my peace pipe?

ole joat

I feel compelled to interject once again, what a surprise, eh? Referencing one as a Big Prick, in reference to the past or in jest carries the heavy debt load of being derogatory, especially to the uninitiated. Expecting one to muddle through past posts to ascertain your true meaning is some what pointless. Most will take your comments at face value and do no further investigation.

Brad,

If Stihl would build their saws differently, then I could work on them without breaking them.

I'd suggest you and Niko have a debate:

Where's my peace pipe?

ole joat

Troll would say 361 is the answer ......No wait ........346NE .........Or the 339 ....Or what ever else he owns .....

Too bad we can't all go to some "entire USA" GTG, have a beer, and laugh about it.
Now that's something I wouldn't miss!

Brad,

ole joat
I will not get drug in to this whole rod debate again Joat. You stirred the pot with a very one-sided summary and I defended myself. The competition uses much stronger rods and they will not bend. End of story.

I feel compelled to interject once again, what a surprise, eh? Referencing one as a Big Prick, in reference to the past or in jest carries the heavy debt load of being derogatory, especially to the uninitiated. Expecting one to muddle through past posts to ascertain your true meaning is some what pointless. Most will take your comments at face value and do no further investigation.
I think he bears that moniker with pride:) He's welcome to call me Young Punk any time he likes, lol.

Last edited:
660's forever...I will always have a few 660's ......288's too and 7900's

Steve,

10-4 on the 7900. I no longer have a 288. My big mistake.

You need to send that 346XP to ole TS and he'll make a LiteSaber out of it.

ole joat

No ... I knew he was just joking ... Brad has also helped a LOT of people here too. Just because me and Tommie got all riled up, let's not let that spread back to Brad and Tommie's old argument. That's the last thing I'd want to do.

Double M,

What saws you runnin' and what are you cuttin'?

ole joat

I still like the 288's...........OMG no air injection ......No side chain adjuster .....outboard clutch sucks ...........Springs suck on them and rubber mounts are better as a replacement .........Still like them ...:cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back