Just got my X27!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upidstay

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just tried out my new Fiskars X27. Love it. Splits like a 12lb maul, swings like a 6lb. Thing is fuhreakin' AWESOME!

Where did you get yours at and how much did it cost? I may be looking to get one myself since I hear so many great things about them.

I ordered it online on the Ace Hardware website, had it shipped to my local Ace. Cost $56 and change. Worth every penny.

I do not see the X27 on Ace's website. The X27 has the 36" handle, right? The biggest one they had was the 28" super splitter.

Just tried out my new Fiskars X27. Love it. Splits like a 12lb maul, swings like a 6lb. Thing is fuhreakin' AWESOME!

Congrats! I received mine a few days ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet. What were you using primarily before you got the x27? Are you swinging the x27 overhead or roundhouse?

After waiting since the end of January for Fiskars to ship,I finally ordered from Baileys.Why doesn't Fiskars honor their customers on their own website first?Anyway, My X27 is already shipped after one day of waiting through Baileys.

Again someone who ordered the X27 from Ace's website. Could SOMEONE please post a link to it, I do not see it. They must have taken it off the site since you guys all ordered it?

The store has to order this axe. I checked the Ace website and it wasnt there. I went to my local Ace store and they had it in their system. It took them 5 min to order it and they had a picture and description so I could confirm it was indeed the X27. It should arrive Thursday and was $54 all together.

fiskars x27

I just picked mine up from Ace Hardware to. It is not on there web site but the store ordering computer had it listed.
$50 plus tax. The warehouse did not have it in stock so it took about 3 weeks to get it. I have not used it yet.

Ace lists it as the "Fiskars 36" splitting axe" in their internal system. Nobody had a clue what a X27 was, but she knew what it was when I said 36" handle. It took about a week to arrive, cost $56 and change, with tax.

I normally use an 8lb maul to split, and an axe for kindling. Also have a wedge I use occasionally.

I found the X27, just raising it over my head and chopping down, split as well as the 8lb maul in a full round house swing. I split some for about 2 hours yesterday, and normally after my first split-fest of the spring, I'm sore the next day. Feel fine after using the X27.

It would not split some pieces, the ones I figured it wouldn't anyway. I have some big rounds from an maple trunk (24") cut down a month ago, and it made some dents, but just bounced off. Same thing my maul did, so I wasn't to upset. I use the 20 ton splitter for that. It did rebound more than the maul did, but nothing I could not control. I have some other big maple pieces i will try this weekend. Original tree was 45", the pieces were split in half so we could lift them into the truck. (done by hand by a maniac friend of mine with a maul and wedge the day after the tree was cut). Tree was dropped about 6 months ago. Don't have high hopes for being able to split them, but they're already broke in half, so should be a little easier to split.

It cost alot more than my 8lb maul, but if it saves my back, it is worth every penny. Plus it looks cool as &%$#. I recomend this to anybody who splits wood. Fiskars stuff is made to last, so I expect to get alot of use out of it. Worth every cent.

After waiting since the end of January for Fiskars to ship,I finally ordered from Baileys.Why doesn't Fiskars honor their customers on their own website first?Anyway, My X27 is already shipped after one day of waiting through Baileys.

A lot of companies will do this to protect their distributors. Guess it is a way to make sure their products get/stay on the shelves.

I have three Fiskars splitting axes. 17" and 28" from Amazon back in the winter and the 36" a few weeks ago through Ace.

I love all three of them. I'll keep the little 17" in our camper. I used the 36" for the first time this weekend. It splits very well but does take a little more effort to swing than the 28". I think the extra length also allowed me to overdrive it a bit and it gets stuck more often than the 28".

I still prefer the 28" but that may change with time using the 36". I'm only 5' 9" so that may make a difference as well.

I know one thing for sure: None of the three are for sale! These things do exactly what they were designed to do. Excellent products!

What is the big deal with you guys and Ace and how they label this ax?
Just go to Baileys or Amazon.com
Home Depot may start carrying it soon because there is a bunch of Fiskars stuff there already.
By the way, they're not made in Finland.
Maybe designed in Finland but made in China.
Knowing this, I will not buy another Fiskars product.

The splitting axes are made in Finland still.

I was concerned about weasel wording on their website, but one of the other threads one of the folks who received an X27 confirmed they're stamped "Made in Finland"

I have three Fiskars splitting axes. 17" and 28" from Amazon back in the winter and the 36" a few weeks ago through Ace.

I love all three of them. I'll keep the little 17" in our camper. I used the 36" for the first time this weekend. It splits very well but does take a little more effort to swing than the 28". I think the extra length also allowed me to overdrive it a bit and it gets stuck more often than the 28".

I still prefer the 28" but that may change with time using the 36". I'm only 5' 9" so that may make a difference as well.

I know one thing for sure: None of the three are for sale! These things do exactly what they were designed to do. Excellent products!

I love my new x27 but I'm also finding that it get's stuck a little bit easier. I think it's a combination of increased speed and a redesigned head. The new head on the x27 and x25 is narrower than the old design, not as much flare to it. I think this is allowing the head to get buried all the way past the flared portion on occasion. I cut short 14in rounds so it hasn't been a big problem but might be for guys splitting longer rounds.

What is the big deal with you guys and Ace and how they label this ax?
Just go to Baileys or Amazon.com
Home Depot may start carrying it soon because there is a bunch of Fiskars stuff there already.

You had better get off that computer your typing on then too... after all, lots of foreign components in there as well...

I may pick up an X27 here shortly, I have the 28", which works well... would just like to see how well the new version does.

X27

I put my new X27 to some wood last weekend and really like it. I told my wife it has already paid for itself. It does get stuck in the stringy stuff I was splitting though. Mine does not say "made in Finland".
Mine says FISKARS on 2 lines.
FINLAND

Again someone who ordered the X27 from Ace's website. Could SOMEONE please post a link to it, I do not see it. They must have taken it off the site since you guys all ordered it?

Once again, Ace order #7268675 for the X27.

Latest posts

Back