Just got my X27!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, ended up ordering it from bailey's yesterday when I was ordering some chain for my saw.

I used my new X27 some more this weekend. Had some large pieces of maple, parts of the trunk of a huge one cut down in november of '10. (They were broken up into smaller pieces by a maniac friend of mine, by hand, with a maul and a wedge. To heavy to lift otherwise) Original pieces were around 36"-42" wide and about 20" long. Aside from a few pieces that were really knotty, the new X27 split great. Did a little better than my 8lb maul, and alot easier to swing. I love this axe. Recomend it to anybody who splits wood

A friend of mine tried it, liked his 28" fiskars better. He is about 5'8, I'm 6'2, and height does seem to determine whether or not you will like the longer handle.

As far as "Made in China" goes? What ISN'T made overseas these days. China is the manufacturing capitol of the world. With Pakistan, Viet Nam, Cambodia not too far behind. Look in your closet. I'll bet you less than 10% (if any at all) of your clothes are made here in the USA. They have no environmental restrictions. Poison the water of a million people? Who cares! Their workers are virtual slaves, make pennies, work in horrible conditions, and are killed and injured by the thousands. Many of them are children too. Bribe a few officials, and watch the profits roll in.

I got mine from Baileys today, 6 days after ordering.This axe split all the stuff I set aside for later, gnarly oak and gnarly hickory,crotches, etc.Very happy.Very easy to swing and doesnt get stuck.

I spotted one at my local ace for $49.99, I waited for a sale (scratch-off discount this weekend)

I went down to buy it yesterday, but it rang up for $59.99. Of course I only got 10% off on the scratcher, but they did honor the price posted on the rack. Under $49 out the door!

Now they fixed the price tag and I can't go back today and buy another one for that price :cry:

I hope home depot will carry these in stores soon. (since they have them online) I want to stock up with extras before some moron hits his leg and sues and they are taken off the market.

Back