Just got the new mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just got the new mill from American Bandsaw in Zanesville. Ohio. its ridiculous

26 horse Honda engine. 40inch diameter log(36inch cut board) capabililty. Built on 16 foot long trailer. Auto feed, auto return, auto roll 10k out the door. The guy who custom built it is a genius

Cool! Congrats and thank you for supporting Ohio's economy. I shall drink some Yuengling this weekend in appreciation:clap:
What are you gonna mill? Got some building projects in mind?

Ahhhhhh I want one. Sitting on some real nice hardwood logs . Love to fill a couple of containers for china. Americans can't afford this stuff.:msp_thumbsup:

I've been looking for awhile. Im torn on the size. The $ is in wide board. I can see getting one then falling upon a bunch of logs bigger then the mill can handle. My friend runs a luccas 60" slab mill but also has a 36" woodmizer bandsaw for dimensional lumber. Sweet combo. Everyone says they don't have time to mill. What do you guys up north do all winter? Lord knows your not up a tree.

I have been thinking alot about getting a mill. I just dont know what size i want or what brand. I would like to get something with hydrolic lifters / turners at least.

Just got the new mill from American Bandsaw in Zanesville. Ohio. its ridiculous

26 horse Honda engine. 40inch diameter log(36inch cut board) capabililty. Built on 16 foot long trailer. Auto feed, auto return, auto roll 10k out the door. The guy who custom built it is a genius

Would you have a build sheet you would be willing to share?

I have been thinking alot about getting a mill. I just dont know what size i want or what brand. I would like to get something with hydrolic lifters / turners at least.

When I was looking into them about 10 years ago the logosol (swedish mill) was really cheap. Came with something like a 066. They gave the hole set up, saw and all, a 3 year warranty. Now its pricey and no warranty.

I have some great video of my buddy slabbing out some big monkey pod (saminea samon) pieces. That's the wrong botanical spelling. Anyway watching a 4 cylinder motor turn a 60" blade through big wood is great. I loved it. Unreal looking 5" slabs with little effort. Everyone loves the wideboard. :yoyo:

Last edited:
... Everyone says they don't have time to mill. What do you guys up north do all winter? Lord knows your not up a tree.

I have 2 trucks plowing for State of NH.

Also I love to ski
[video=youtube;VZzomB6K5Vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZzomB6K5Vw[/video]

:rock:

I'm too poor to buy one at this moment. I have almost all the mechanical parts (a huge vintage bandsaw and all the works and a couple motors) to build a homemade bandmill, and access to the structural metal to build a trailer/bed for it, but no time or extra cash. So for the meanwhile I just bought a Granberg MKIII mill for the 075. Something to cut some slabs for rustic benches and tables, knicknacks for the wife to build crafts with. I'm hoping to sell some of those benches, tables and crafts to help fund the rest of the money for my homemade mill. Aahhhh, another project!

@ happy trees. That's a big rig your plowing with. You are a serous plow boy. Miss the snow myself.
Thanks
Plowing for State rural state roads, not highway. Go 10 miles straight, turn around, come back. Repeat until salt is gone. Go take a rest for 2-4 hours. Come back again.
State guaranteed 10 hour by-weekly stand -by pay.

Back