Just hanging with out with my best friend.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
95custmz

95custmz

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Is that an Australian Shepherd? Always have to have a companion or two when cutting wood. Here’s some pics of mine.
2073a533a4014ed678d379a05db50d1c.jpg
cb70304b66f1660eab55bb0fd55c57f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted Jenkins
I wanted to start a thread about my and your favorite story about your cutting buddy. I do not think any of my saws will run unless my buddy OKs them to run. Most mornings he jumps out the back of the truck at 3 AM barking up a storm and then sits on a round just watching the area. I presume its the bears because when I get up there are always tracks around the camp. Then around 5 AM when I get up and the grass is still snapping because it is still frozen he jumps under a blanket to watch me get ready for the day. Then just like clock work right after lunch he is nowhere to be found unless I look among my blankets. Thanks

Attachments

• DCP03619.jpg
    DCP03619.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DCP03795.JPG
    DCP03795.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 49
Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
The time of the year has arrived again were my best buddy Black Lab 10years old has given up being so & opens the workshop door & takes up a position in front of the wood burner
Had a laugh today Daughter visited & brought him a squeeky toy she placed it on his old duvet that he lies on in the shop he came into the shop inspected & sniffed the toy ,picked it up carried it outside & placed it by the door & went with me on the lawn tractor /trailer to the wood pile for some logs on return he hopped off when I stopped to open the shop doors as I drove the wood into the shop he carefully picked up his toy waked over & carefully placed it on his duvet & with a big sigh laid down beside it the look he gave me would have turned milk sour

Multifaceted

Multifaceted

Firewood Hoarder, Axe Enthusiast
I wish my dogs would go out and cut with me, but anything loud, noisy, or moving is a potential threat to them. I can't even mow or run my lawn tractor without them barking, chasing me and trying to bite the tires. Last time I tried to start a saw while they were outside, my youngest pup came up and attempted a jump attack — luckily I saw it coming and jerked away. Last time I was out with my backpack blower, she nipped me in the buttocks...

That being said, I still love my dogs. A pain sometimes, but their love is unconditional. They run and play so much it's hard to photo them in the wood area, but here's a rare one with them together and still.
rrs2cGQ.jpg

And there they are overlooking a rocky bluff while on a hike in WV.
4WpNolN.jpg

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
Yes smooth coat.
I shave him twice a year and let it grow out in the winter.
He's got Really long hairView attachment 679226
Rover was a smooth coat. Hair was more like a lab. No shaving required. Everyone thought that he was a lab mix but he had his papers.