Just ordered a Dolmar 9010 for the mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter nap

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The 6400 is a little light so I'll just use that for crosscutting. I like those Dolmars! $815.00 for a 90 CC saw.

Congratulations! Looking forward to some milling pics from ya.:cheers:

Thanks Dusty. I spent a lot of time thinking this out. I milled some with a bandsaw but I just can't get the bigger logs in the truck by myself. I need 1X8 to 1X12's or bigger because that's where the big expense is.

The only solution I could come up with was to mill them on the ground using a CM. I used my 6400 and it mills fine. It is straining though so rather than kill it, I opted for a bigger saw.

It's funny. I'm finding a lot of logs but don't have a way to transport them and can't move them around even if I trailered a bandsaw to them.

I had 110 standing trees in the 12" to 17" range the other day. Had another acre of mixed pine and oak day before yesterday. All free.

The CS Mill is feeling more like money well spent, all the time.

Thanks Dusty. I spent a lot of time thinking this out. I milled some with a bandsaw but I just can't get the bigger logs in the truck by myself. I need 1X8 to 1X12's or bigger because that's where the big expense is.

The only solution I could come up with was to mill them on the ground using a CM. I used my 6400 and it mills fine. It is straining though so rather than kill it, I opted for a bigger saw.

It's funny. I'm finding a lot of logs but don't have a way to transport them and can't move them around even if I trailered a bandsaw to them.

I had 110 standing trees in the 12" to 17" range the other day. Had another acre of mixed pine and oak day before yesterday. All free.

I can relate totally. Lack of equipment to handle large logs was the main reason for my choice of the CSM besides milling is just a hobby for me and I couldnt justify the cost of a bandmill. Best of luck to ya!

Exactly, some of the nicest red oak I have access to, hardly enough space to csm it much less any other option. Have csm will mill.

Latest posts

Back