Just ordered me some 543XP's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks 166. Sure would like to compare that 4300 parts in video to 543 parts. I wonder if it is just a p+c swap like I seen on another saw or they are the same saw. :msp_sneaky:

That looks an awful lot like the same saw to me. The IPL that I was comparing it to was something else entirely.

that is interesting. some sort of variable timing, strato engine, freaky crank and piston shape, longer duration maybe????, but no stuffers.

Same fuel/oil caps as my GZ4000, kill switch is the same, tank design, trigger and presence lever is identical.

It's a orange redmax for certain. The power plant will be killer, but I like husky fuel/oil caps and the plastics seem to be of higher quality.

Now I don't feel the need to upgrade after mine took the trip to cuddle lane. :)

from that link...

cYDkx2N.jpg

Mjeg168.jpg

The fact that the first product video out basically seems to be in japanese and about the redmax may also imply something...also gz 3900...maybe this will show up as a detuned or lesser displacement non xp husky

That looks an awful lot like the same saw to me. The IPL that I was comparing it to was something else entirely.

It surely does, as some of us "always" suspected it would be. :msp_wink: If it isn't exactly the same, it surely is based on the Zenoah/Redmax. Looks like the New Redmax models is GZ4300 and 3900?

What Redmax model did you compare the 543xp IPL to?

You know, its weird, I have been torturing myself about this all day.

My 242, not xp, is a lovely saw, but just lately (since using a 345) I have been thinking a newer version would be nice. I don't want to big a cc saw, that would risk encroaching on the 262's territory and I have so much invested in the 262 I cant risk a 346ne/550 replacing it. I have put the feelers out for a 346oe but those don't come along every day.

The announcement about these 543's got me all excited, a 40cc xp!, but it doesn't seem like they are destined to be a 'classic' does it. Only time will tell I guess. Worst case, they would have to be better than those infernal Echo 290's the old man is so attached to.....

Adam.

Good job Adam.

Probably still be a good saw, but this has the effect of letting the air out of the excitement balloon for me. :rolleyes2:

I heard a noise in the basement last night and it turned out that my 242XP's were having themselves a good laugh about this. :D

Sorry Mr60, it wasn't my intention to ruin demand for a line you have a dozen on order, sometimes I get carried away with the old Google CSI.

Adam.

If you zoom in real close on the photo w the clutch covers removed you can see that the hexagonal badge says made in Japan on the redmax. I can't see the same on the husky but it looks like the same badge so I'm inclined to believe that it too may be made
In Japan. Nothing bad about that though.

Also it looks as though it will have a silver clutch cover like the 346 new edition. The cover is folded down and away to the right of the saw in the clutch pic

Have to wonder if this project was conceived before the whole 550-562-etc architecture was developed.

With that said none of this really matters...care much more
About how much it weighs and how it performs

I for one would welcome a Husky re-made Redmax. The strongest saw in this class that I've ever built was a Redmax. They have a fantastic engine. But, they're too plasticky, more so than a husky. I'm still looking forward to this saw as much as ever.

I heard a noise in the basement last night and it turned out that my 242XP's were having themselves a good laugh about this. :D

Until they are out-torqued by the new boys. Stock vs. stock, I'm yet to run a strato saw that doesn't out cut it's predecessor.

But, they're too plasticky, more so than a husky. I'm still looking forward to this saw as much as ever.

My only complaint on the redmax line of saws, the polymers they use feel more brittle and less tough than Stihl or Husky. I'm hoping they use the formula that husky uses. Given the T435 is the same brittle stuff, as it's Redmax counterpart, I'm not holding my breath. :(

from that link...

Mjeg168.jpg

At least they have the expected outboard clutch, but I'm not sure if that one is as easy to just whack off as the real Husky ones are?

Also, the chain catcher looks like it is made of poylmer on the Redmax one, and metal on the Husky - is it that way with the clutch cover as well?

Last edited: