Just picked this up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Runs needs carb and headed to pick up a pile of orange. 262s included. B9250DA0-AE4B-4247-934C-ABF28C5390CB.jpeg

The pull cord seems loose -- add another turn on the recoil spring. I believe That's recommended in the service manual.

I upgraded mine to an 036 a few years back after the owner beat it to death and handed it to me on a silver platter. It took some work to restore it, but it has given me lots of service. Not easy to find carbs for them anymore.

Not too sure what I think about this pile of orange. Lol. But it was cheap enough and there is a 262 and a 61 in there.26AA5BD3-555F-48BF-8CA7-FD184B22745E.jpegA83CE7CF-E632-42A5-BE13-CCA3779A451C.jpeg

The pull cord seems loose -- add another turn on the recoil spring. I believe That's recommended in the service manual.

I upgraded mine to an 036 a few years back after the owner beat it to death and handed it to me on a silver platter. It took some work to restore it, but it has given me lots of service. Not easy to find carbs for them anymore.

Yessir will get that recoil sorted, gonna tear it down and go thru it and clean it up. And I’d love to find a 036.

Nice. Whats your preferred method for the plastics?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Nice. Whats your preferred method for the plastics?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Degrease(I use the gallon of parts washer solution that they have at harbor freight for 6$ and dilute it down in a spray bottle, it’s some seriously strong s***) then clean with carb cleaner to remove all residue then use a headlight lens restore kit. Preferably the kind with a buffing wheel that you put in your drill.

Also have had pretty good luck with a heat gun.

You really have to wonder how the original owner(s) beat these saws to pieces and made no attempt to restore or repair them. I just serviced a nice Husky 262 last month that runs very well. These saws were not built to be destroyed. Just MHO.

You really have to wonder how the original owner(s) beat these saws to pieces and made no attempt to restore or repair them. I just serviced a nice Husky 262 last month that runs very well. These saws were not built to be destroyed. Just MHO.

It kinda makes me sad, but I sure do love bringing life back into em.

It kinda makes me sad, but I sure do love bringing life back into em.

So pull up your boot straps and build those orange saws up instead of parting them out.
Sure it will take a bit more than just undoing a couple of bolts and transferring some parts off of one to another, but most the 61 and 262 are there, the 181 could be done, top handles probably are not worth the hassle as parts might be hard to find and they were not as well loved as some other top handle variants in the market.
But you would learn all about seals and bearings, have an excuse to buy that mityvac and build some saws rather than repair them.

Back