Just purchased a big shot.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lawn Shark

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wow, I dont know how I've gone this long w/o one....Practiced with it for about an hour then used it on trimm jobs so far...and one removal job..
What a time saver....i can hit 60 70' crotches accurately....

Got a new set of buckingham spurs and a false crotch for 3/4 bull rope and picked up a friction saver for my climb line and few other odd and ends....
My wife wants to take my bank card away but I simply say would you rather me be 50 60' up with old gear and fall due to eqmnt failure....I guess spending a little over 2grand in a month gets her a little concerned.
She's gonna #### a golden turd when I pick up my 357 xp this week:greenchainsaw:

careful with that thing.

you could put someones eye out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

they are awesome.you should try launching walnuts with it.i got them so high i couldn't see them anymore.oh well,hopefully they landed next door on the condo complex's roof.

357xp is an awesome saw.i sold mine like dummy.thought of getting a 361 but the new stihls don't seem to oil worth a damn.guess i'll get another 357.

I find the lighter weights are more reluctant to come back down but still its a better shot with them.
Also have to watch the velocity of that ball when its reaches its target and comes out the other side. It is easy for it to wrap around a limb and get stuck.

... Also have to watch the velocity of that ball when its reaches its target and comes out the other side. It is easy for it to wrap around a limb and get stuck.

True. My experience is that the twelves routinely go through the canopy of the target tree and into the canopy of any neighboring trees. Or, ricochet off branches into non-target parts of the canopy leaving your throw line in any number of strange "L" to "Z" configurations. Then its pluck the string for 30 minutes to get the thing back down to the ground. I like the 16 oz bag. Plenty of range (I routinely get 80 feet and can easily get 100) and it is heavy enough to get back down to the ground without excessive manipulation.

interesting Fireaxman.

i didn't have much luck with the 16 when i first got it.now that i am more confident with it,i will try the 16 again.

Latest posts

Back