562 XP FANS - Click Here for a reality check.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am among the misunderstood 60cc class lovers. I bought my first new saw back in '06. I needed to get a larger saw to pair with my old little Husky 35 as I was getting into heating my home with wood and the 35 alone would not come close to meeting the demand.

After a ton of research I decided (and I still believe it was a wise choice to this day) that the 357xp was the saw for me... I don't order loads of logs for my wood, I go into the woods, fell, limb, and haul out. We use most of the limb wood too. I found that despite my intentions to limb with the 35, I seldom picked it up and just did all of it with the 57. Based on my experience, I fully agree that there isn't a better choice for a 1 saw plan than a good 60cc.

I added to my plan a little bit in subsequent years for different reasons and am very happy with my setup. But still, when I go out for general work in the woods I grab that 57. It's just a great balance of power and size. And now that I have get the issues that were developing with my 57 straightened out (many thanks to the AS membership for all of the advice and info!!:)) it's my go-to saw once again.. :D

It's hard to deny what people who are actually USING the new 562 are saying and I don't doubt it is a step up in performance from the old 57. But I am just not ready to let the ol' 57 go and probably won't be for quite some time. If I need more power than the 57 can dish out, I grab the 372...

It's hard to deny what people who are actually USING the new 562 are saying and I don't doubt it is a step up in performance from the old 57. But I am just not ready to let the ol' 57 go and probably won't be for quite some time. If I need more power than the 57 can dish out, I grab the 372...
I have a 562 and love it, but like the ported 357 mo better. The 562 is stronger than a stock 357, but if I had to chose between the two the 562 would go down the road. I'll keep em both! :)

I always owned Stilh saws, 211, 026P, 261, 038P and 460, until I bought a 562.
While I still use the others, the 562 is the saw that sees the most run time and is generally the first saw I grab.
If I'd gotten the 562 first, I probably wouldn't have bought the 261. The two saws feel about the same but the 562 has more oomph.
Buying the 562 was a good decision..
The only thing I don't like is the outboard clutch.

I always owned Stilh saws, 211, 026P, 261, 038P and 460, until I bought a 562.
While I still use the others, the 562 is the saw that sees the most run time and is generally the first saw I grab.
If I'd gotten the 562 first, I probably wouldn't have bought the 261. The two saws feel about the same but the 562 has more oomph.
The only thing I don't like is the outboard clutch.

The outboard clutch is a major factor in making the saws handle so well. ;)

It isn't a coincidence that the 50 and 60cc Huskys are made that way.

The outboard clutch is a major factor in making the saws handle so well. ;)

It isn't a coincidence that the 50 and 60cc Huskys are made that way.
I've heard that.
I'm basically a firewood hack, much more bucking than limbing.
If I spent more time wielding my saws like Light Sabers, I might develop an appreciation for the outboard clutch and the balance thing.

Back