Just purchased a Jonsered 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwew

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, after a month of reading and shopping which saw will fit my needs I just came home with a Jonsered 2171. I liked the looks of it from the very start I saw it in the dealers show room. It looks much better than the picture in Jonsered's catalog. It seems more compact than I expected from a saw of this displacement. The weight seems fine and it is very well balanced with the 20" bar. I started it up and ran it for one minute at home. It was tempting to start cutting but it is just too dark. I'll post again how I like it.

I hope it will be a reliable saw. I could not turn down the price of $634.95 for a saw this size. The funny thing was the deal Jonsered had. Just bring in any saw complete with bar and chain and get $150.00 off. Well before I went to purchase it I called a friend up and ask if I can take his worst junk saw to complete the deal so I picked the worst one out. He laughed and asked if I want to take a slightly better looking junk saw.

One thing I would like to get is a parts manual. Does anyone know if this is available to the owners.

I would also like to hear from anyone that owns a 2171 and their experience with this saw.

Be safe

Henry

Well, after a month of reading and shopping which saw will fit my needs I just came home with a Jonsered 2171. I liked the looks of it from the very start I saw it in the dealers show room. It looks much better than the picture in Jonsered's catalog. It seems more compact than I expected from a saw of this displacement. The weight seems fine and it is very well balanced with the 20" bar. I started it up and ran it for one minute at home. It was tempting to start cutting but it is just too dark. I'll post again how I like it.

I hope it will be a reliable saw. I could not turn down the price of $634.95 for a saw this size. The funny thing was the deal Jonsered had. Just bring in any saw complete with bar and chain and get $150.00 off. Well before I went to purchase it I called a friend up and ask if I can take his worst junk saw to complete the deal so I picked the worst one out. He laughed and asked if I want to take a slightly better looking junk saw.

One thing I would like to get is a parts manual. Does anyone know if this is available to the owners.

I would also like to hear from anyone that owns a 2171 and their experience with this saw.

Be safe

Henry

Congratulations on your new saw. Never owned one but all that I see on this site are good reviews. Seems like the 2171 fever is catching around here.

Welcome to the 2171 'hood, my friend!!

She's a fine saw, and I friggin' love mine. There is no saw out there, at any price, that I would rather own. It is an ergonomic jewel, much better than the others out there, including its orange sister the 372.

Just remember to clean your air filter every six or seven years. (Yes, the pre-filtration is that good.)

You're gonna be mighty pleased!

What dealer in NC did it come from? There is a pretty good Jred dealer in Biscoe.

It seems that other's love it so you should also:clap: Don't forget the pics later on.

What dealer in NC did it come from? There is a pretty good Jred dealer in Biscoe.

It seems that other's love it so you should also:clap: Don't forget the pics later on.

Do NOT trust this guy, hwew...he seems okay at first, but then you get to know him... :D

Welcome to the 2171 'hood, my friend!!

She's a fine saw, and I friggin' love mine. There is no saw out there, at any price, that I would rather own. It is an ergonomic jewel, much better than the others out there, including its orange sister the 372.

Just remember to clean your air filter every six or seven years. (Yes, the pre-filtration is that good.)

You're gonna be mighty pleased!

I have one, it only has about 15 tanks through it, big dogs, wrap handles and a 28" bar, of course. It is a red 372, great saw. Check the air filter every day, flip the bar, grease the sprocket bearing every few days of use. The prefiltration is good, but if you are cutting dead and dry wood she gets dirty after a few tanks. I keep a clean one with me so I can change it often.

Is that the king of vibration or the king of plugged air filter?

I understand that, right before Stihl designed their Husqvarna 441, they actually tried to patent a device that took advantage of all the vibrations to shake the chips out of the 440's air filter...

I understand that, right before Stihl designed their Husqvarna 441, they actually tried to patent a device that took advantage of all the vibrations to shake the chips out of the 440's air filter...

Woodie they did patent that device and put it into the toy stihle saw for children. There only charging 199.99 to parents now for the toy stihl. They are recovering the rd cost.

The josered 2171 style, my favourite after running one, although a 2165 model identical in looks. I know the husky 372's from work with stock mufflers, the 65cc matches them with three 8mm holes drilled, but the 72's noticeably more savage again when drilled also, 2165's an awesome smooth grunty motor that easily does everything a 60cc stihl is good for, while breezing thru 70cc stuff at the same time, pick up a 2171 and a 2165, can't tell the difference in weight but they reckon it's only a few ounces. With the jonsered and a stihl 036 on kitchen scales rather than bathroom scales, I get around a 12 ounce difference for what it's worth, but for sure the stihl is more agile, but the 2159 could be same with an even better performing motor than the 60cc stihls?

In response to a post 2K made in another thread, I probably need to go on record by saying I was kidding with the above statement. :D

And I would also like to go on record as saying 2K is a dang fool... :D

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am glad to hear that everyone that owns a 2171 likes it. I would also like to thank the people that do not own a 2171. If you are looking for a 70cc class saw please look at the 2171. And if you can find a dealer that will let you try one out jump on the opportunity.

Well I had a chance to cut some fire wood this late afternoon and I really like this saw. To bad I only had 10 minutes of daylight. I will do some more cutting tomorrow. With a 20" bar it is well balanced. One thing that really stands out with this saw is how smooth the saw runs. It has much lower vibration than the 046 I used to have. I like the feel of the front handle. Too me the saw seems very maneuverable for the size and weight.

Oh, does anyone know where I can get a parts manual or parts breakdown sheets for my saw just in case.

Thanks again everyone. I'll keep you posted. Too bad I don't have a digital camera. I'll try to barrow one.

Be Safe.

Henry

Back