Just roached a new Meteor cylinder on my Husky 395, ticked off.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh, and I have to say, my bad there also as I did notice it was running slightly off, up and down, but sometimes we just don't know. You might figure it's carb, but, I have to say having run enough saws, if they're not running exactly right, just shut down and find out why. It's a good practice. I have a 51 and Husky 625 and they're solid as a rock, as is my 372, they run so consistent. I do think I can clean up the cyl, will do that this week, and I do have the FarmerTec jug that I took off when the piston blew, and I think that also can be used. What I may do is just get an aftermarket piston and run that with the FT jug and see how it goes.

Personally I would use the Meteor cyl if it can be saved and just buy a new Meteor piston.......and when you do a pressure test be sure to perform a vac test too....if you have seal issues, many times a saw case will hold pressure but not vac...and vac is actually where you acquire the extra air....good luck.

Personally I would use the Meteor cyl if it can be saved and just buy a new Meteor piston.......and when you do a pressure test be sure to perform a vac test too....if you have seal issues, many times a saw case will hold pressure but not vac...and vac is actually where you acquire the extra air....good luck.
^^^This^^^ & throw the FT jug in the trash.

My buddy was an AMS oil dealer back in the early 80's. He had a Yamaha IT175 he ran 100:1 since it was almost new. I had a 400 yamaha I ran it in also. Along with several chain saws. We had no problems at all. That was before they had seperate types of oil for 2 stroke engines, Sabre and ?? some other name. Maybe we just got lucky, I don't know.

Latest posts

Back