Just was givin a mac 110

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mama Tried

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
All its missing is the flywheel cover. anyone know where I can find one? saw came with an original case. saw and case still look like new.

All its missing is the flywheel cover. anyone know where I can find one? saw came with an original case. saw and case still look like new.
Calvin of CM small engines who is a sponsor here has a lot of Mac parts. He might be able to get you one.

Hey what the heck, for free, its me :clap: I have one I paid 10 bucks for that I keep on the 4 wheeler and sled, clears the trail when needed and if it bounces off at 50 and smashes on a rock, who cares :greenchainsaw:

lol it was from a friend of my little brother. he got it and didnt need a saw so he gave it to me. it will probably just take space in the shop but oh well

if that is the small mac 110 i have a used flywheel cover if you need it ?

let me know
calvin

are you referring to the part # 90425 starter cover ? or are we referring to the complete outer shell of the saw that wraps around the engine itself ?
either way i have a parts saw i use parts off of and both of them items are available

Last edited:
Are these good saws? McCulloch Mac 110's?
I've got two. Both with good compression. The look like complete utter junk to me (scratching my head)

Are these good saws? McCulloch Mac 110's?
I've got two. Both with good compression. The look like complete utter junk to me (scratching my head)

In the hands of a capable person they are like in other saw, they cut wood and are as easy to fix as the fixer is capable. I have lots of that series of saws and still pick them up when I see them. I prefer them to most other small saws of the day.

In the hands of a capable person they are like in other saw, they cut wood and are as easy to fix as the fixer is capable. I have lots of that series of saws and still pick them up when I see them. I prefer them to most other small saws of the day.

Thats complete BS. For example, no way, can you get the carb out of one of those as quick as I can get one out of say a Poulan Micro 25 or a little Skil. This is just 1 example, I could go on.

Glad you like em but lets call a spade a spade here.

ATT00183.jpg

ATT00180.jpg

So I need whatever its missing on the one side and that bolt under the handle and whatever bolts hold together the missing side.

So I'm guessing, yes these saws are junk right? I'm not bashing. I have two of them but I've never spent any time tuning or working on them because the look so dated and uncomfortable. I guess I should get them out of the shed, clean out the mouse droppings and fire'm up eh?

mama tried...

Hey MAMATRIED, if you need can't come up with parts, let me know. I may be able to help ya out! The more I think about it, the less I really want to fix my mac110 up.

Thats complete BS. For example, no way, can you get the carb out of one of those as quick as I can get one out of say a Poulan Micro 25 or a little Skil. This is just 1 example, I could go on.

:monkey: Like I said all in the hands of the mechanic. Should not take more than 5 minutes to completely disassemble a little Mac, there are not that many parts. Carb kit, fuel line, etc. and back together in another 10. What is so hard.

Anyhow if you are comparing them to a Micro or a Skil then I will be happy to let you have all of those and I will stick with the Macs.

If you were really nice I would offer you some minty old Poulans coming through but since you were grumpy I will just have to hit them with hammers and scrap them. :biggrinbounce2:

:monkey: Like I said all in the hands of the mechanic. Should not take more than 5 minutes to completely disassemble a little Mac, there are not that many parts. Carb kit, fuel line, etc. and back together in another 10. What is so hard.

Anyhow if you are comparing them to a Micro or a Skil then I will be happy to let you have all of those and I will stick with the Macs.

If you were really nice I would offer you some minty old Poulans coming through but since you were grumpy I will just have to hit them with hammers and scrap them. :biggrinbounce2:

I think he simply may have ment that calling an old mac a good saw may be a slightly over-zealous statement. Either way....I've got two of these things. People are you listening? Insert shameless advertisement plug now: Make me an offer!

no problem have them items i will check and see the condition of them and get back with you i normally dont work on weekends so it may be monday or tuesday next week before i get to looking at it

trying to clean my home up get some things done around here this weekend

take care

calvin

Well maybe I sounded grumpy, didn't mean to . Just seems your trying to sugar coat it and pass the blame for a poor design for repair and paint all that don't like that design as uncapable.

Also to be clear, I never said they were junk, but I will say there the worst design for repair that I have seen. I guess thats why so many were sold at Sears, Ace Hardwares and such as maybe they were not intended to be repaired. One of the pioneers in thowaways maybe?

So do I understand you right that you can tear one down, install a carb kit, fuel line and have it back together in 15 minutes?

Now if you feel threatend by those minty Poulans, go ahead and bust em up, if that's good therapy for ya.

Last edited:
Back