Just what I needed, another project.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I went and got a really short conveyor today. It is designed for square hay bales, and is chain drive. with angle iron spaced apart. Plenty of pipes for sliders, and should work well for wood. The fun part is setting it up in such a way that I can actually load a truck with it. Did I mention that it is short?

I would say that the working part is 11 feet long. However, because it has large paddles it could work at a fair angle. I just would like something that would make a pile in a pickup, and this will do once I figure out how to mount wheels under the end and some sort of a jack to raise and lower. Forget finding the balance point as that woudl be a bit short to be useful.

Oh well..... I got's all summer to get something working! :dizzy:

-Pat

Hey Pat I just bought an Owattona Conveyor and I'm gonna pick it up this weekend. I'll be able to give ya some measurements on were the axle is located vs the length Monday.

I bet everything is longer than this thing!

It is more of a matter of what is gonna work rather than what is easiest to assemble. My machine is 11 ft. long. That means 5 1/2 ft is balance. My truck has a 9 ft long bed. Something isn't gonna work anyway.

I will rig up some method to have as much reach as possible.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Necessity is a mother. :bowdown:

I like the pix idea. I have a cell phone for a camera!
-pat

5 1/2 foot of reach is plenty to reach the center of your bed, from the side. Just hafta pull the truck up a time or two and your done.

Well, kinda sorta....

I have 3 1/2 ft. racks on it, and the bed is almost 4 ft. high.
Yea, if I just want to get it over the side it would work. I have more thinking to do here. This project is a perfect example of:

Use it up or wear it out,
Make it do or do without!

:biggrinbounce2:

-Pat

Back