K10-SDC carburetor question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centerline

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This post has been deleted by member!

still learnig how to use the site and its features. I deleted this to repost more accuratly. although if I would have known I could have went to advanced edit and fixed the original posting. we live and learn... sorry for any inconveinence.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie to the site and haven't had time to look around yet, but I can see there is a LOT of interesting subjects and topics.

I have a question about the K10-SDC Walbro Carb on a super XL homelite. specifically about the small diaphragm under the small plug in the needle valve bowl.
what is its purpose? when drilling out the plug the bit got a little deep and may have damaged it. I have a replacement screen but not the diaphragm. if it is just a buffer diaphragm then it may be alright, but if it is supposed to seal... well, I dont think it will any longer. thanks for any help.... Lou

Lou

Again, welcome to AS.

I am not familiar with that carb and was not aware of a diaphragm under the welch plug. Can you post a pic?

Also, if you use the link that I posted in the other thread you can download a manual for the SDC series of carbs. It will walk you through the rebuild. There is also a general manual there, and perhaps more that will be of use to you. They are all in pdf form.

HTH

:cheers:

SDC Carb

centerline--

We work on a lot of these carbs in our Service Dept.
It's very rare that we have to drill anything out.

Was your carb super filthy on the inside ?
Welch plugs don't have to come out very often....

Other poster mentioned the Walbro Service Manual. Excellent idea. Print it!
Study it closely before doing anything else.

Don't want to have to buy an another SDC...

These are v.good carbs.
Best of fortunes.

centerline--

We work on a lot of these carbs in our Service Dept.
It's very rare that we have to drill anything out.

Was your carb super filthy on the inside ?
Welch plugs don't have to come out very often....

Other poster mentioned the Walbro Service Manual. Excellent idea. Print it!
Study it closely before doing anything else.

Don't want to have to buy an another SDC...

These are v.good carbs.
Best of fortunes.

yes, the carb was extremely gummed up and the rubber diaphrams and gaskets were brittle. I didnt know if the plugs should be removed or not, but as I had replacements I removed them and soaked the carb body in carb cleaner for a couple days. it didnt eat the stuff away but it dried it out so that I could scrape it off and blow it out. and if you dont drill a small hole in the welch plug to pick them out, how do you remove them when necessary?

I cannot seem to find the manuals section at the walbro website... Lou

centerline --

click on ...

1- walbro.com
2- Serice & aftermarket [top middle of page]
3- service manuals
4- SDC

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back