Kansas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Dust Smoken

Saw Dust Smoken

ArboristSite Operative
Where's spring

The bank temperature sign was over 80 at 2pm. Where has the slow temp transition into summer gone? Snowed 7-9 inches two wks ago. Now the ac is getting turned on. Now if temp stay below 100 for May. Probably wishful thinking.

ClimbinArbor

ClimbinArbor

ArboristSite Guru
whats spring?

you guys know we have two seasons here, summer and winter, so you just put those warm fuzzy thoughts out of yer heads...

need a couple more guys. i go rec climbin by myself every week if anyone wants to come with me, but we need a few more for a real outing...

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
you guys know we have two seasons here, summer and winter, so you just put those warm fuzzy thoughts out of yer heads...

need a couple more guys. i go rec climbin by myself every week if anyone wants to come with me, but we need a few more for a real outing...

Well, we do have a few days with 40 MPH winds in between but then it's right into Summer... :D

Wish I could make it but I just have too much going on right now.

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Anyone ever been to Sam's Place in Cunningham KS? Hot beer and Poor Service. Great Place.

Dang that's a nickname. Harolds Place. :)

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
I spent alot of time in a place called Chelsea , OK., Just fish and hunt and drink beer. My buddy lives there and his aunt lives in a lonely boring town south called Pittsburg- Oklahoma, down there you just go to the "Dew Drop Inn". Good times, but no life for me.
Jeff:)

Hey Jeff, that's about what goes on here. I love to hunt and fish so it's great for me. I guess I am satisfied with simple pleasures.

I do go to Cali every year or so for vacation. I vacationed in Carlsbad about 4 years ago, just right up the road from you. Loved San Diego too. Love the trees there and up in Northern Cali. One of the most beautiful places I have been. Wouldn't mind living there but just too expensive for my blood. Besides, I'll Always be a country boy... ;)

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
Hey Jeff, that's about what goes on here. I love to hunt and fish so it's great for me. I guess I am satisfied with simple pleasures.

I do go to Cali every year or so for vacation. I vacationed in Carlsbad about 4 years ago, just right up the road from you. Loved San Diego too. Love the trees there and up in Northern Cali. One of the most beautiful places I have been. Wouldn't mind living there but just too expensive for my blood. Besides, I'll Always be a country boy... ;)

I like going to OK alot. Spent alot of time in Clinton and Stillwater, Chelsea, and Pittsburb, but always on vacation. I just could not imagine makinga living there, quess I need the big lights. You are still fortunate to live in such a cool place! Maybe next time you are in town we can get a beer?:)
Jeff- you can always pm me for my #.

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
I like going to OK alot. Spent alot of time in Clinton and Stillwater, Chelsea, and Pittsburb, but always on vacation. I just could not imagine makinga living there, quess I need the big lights. You are still fortunate to live in such a cool place! Maybe next time you are in town we can get a beer?:)
Jeff- you can always pm me for my #.

Hey, I'd really like that Jeff. I'm hoping to go in September if everything works out. I'd love to hook up for a beer.

Last edited:
tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Jeff, As far as making money, when I first got here no one knew how to do big trees hardly. I mean we have a few straight up guys but Nosack is one of our biggest services around here, if you have seen his work. I came from Atlanta where the trees are a lot bigger. It was like cake to me. The trees are elementary. I made great money when I got here and with the low cost of living it went a lot further. I am still the best in town around here if you ask me... :D

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
I started in 1977 and I found out that it dont matter where I wanna live but more where I can make a living. I have not climbed in production for 6 years but I got 8 climbers and 4 groundies that count on me and I see things different now. Got my cert treeworker in 92 and now cert Arb and going to Arcadia on the 27th for my CTSP. I will die in the middle of my aspiration's.
:)
Jeff

PineFever

PineFever

ArboristSite Operative
Spent my military days at the home of the Big Red 1 Fort Riley, back in the early seventies, there was killer walleye fishing and duck hunting at Lake Milford.
I didn't live on post, I lived in a little town called Wakefield right at Lake Milford.
We used to hunt Pheasant and fish for Gar near the Republican river.
The Deer hunting was good too.
I still have nightmares from when we rode horses from the stables at Fort Riley all the way to Abilene and back, I never thought my rear end and thighs would recover. The main attraction was Junction City, either you went there for a tattoo or to a bar.
If you were not a outdoorsman you pretty much didn't have anything to do.

what-a-stihl

what-a-stihl

ArboristSite Operative
I spent alot of time in a place called Chelsea , OK., Just fish and hunt and drink beer. My buddy lives there and his aunt lives in a lonely boring town south called Pittsburg- Oklahoma, down there you just go to the "Dew Drop Inn". Good times, but no life for me.
Jeff:)

Dew Drop Inn? isn't that in a Charlie Daniels song? Illinois is by far the worst state. I've been to Olatha Kansas for rodeo school and loved it. We have Chicago, crime, liberals, queers, Obama, yuppies, corrupt officials and cops, more incarcerated governers than any state,22% unemployment, and not damn decent place to fish. Maybe it's because I grew up here, I dunno.

ckliff

ckliff

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

I'm interested. I'm in Hutch. PM me or email off my website. :)

mckeetree

mckeetree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Jeff, As far as making money, when I first got here no one knew how to do big trees hardly. I mean we have a few straight up guys but Nosack is one of our biggest services around here, if you have seen his work. I came from Atlanta where the trees are a lot bigger. It was like cake to me. The trees are elementary. I made great money when I got here and with the low cost of living it went a lot further. I am still the best in town around here if you ask me... :D

What about this "We Be Trees" or what ever his name is here in town.