kask/ropetek comm vs peltor lite comm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaunbobby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy some communication sets,
just looking for some advice on which set is better,
the kask/ropetek comm or the peltor lite comm?

thanks,
shaun

Kask Roepteks all the way man! I have 3 of them plus the regular SPH-10 for our crane op. Definite game changer for tree work! Clear comms 900 yard capability. Been using them for over 2 months, rain, snow, -35 temps. Flawless! Every tree crew should have them! ......Can you tell I like em

thanks deevo,
my only concern is the kask helmets getting to hot in the summer,
I had a black one last summer and it got way too hot,
Im hoping the other colours wouldnt get as hot,

You can buy those comms unmounted to a helmet. They are designed for wearing under motorcycle helmets.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

thanks deevo,
my only concern is the kask helmets getting to hot in the summer,
I had a black one last summer and it got way too hot,
Im hoping the other colours wouldnt get as hot,

Well, I wear a white one cause I'm the boss! lol, bought my one climber a white one also, have another yellow, and no one's complained and we worked in 30+ temps. and now up to -31 with the windchill. Most of us wear halo bandanas also. No foul odours like some have reported because of that I think. Wore a Petzl Vertex orange for the last 7 years and didn't notice the Kask being any hotter.

I have the Peltor units and find they work really well. I have the Petzl vent and am happy with it.

I'm with Deevo..... Halos rock!!!!!

how does the kask/ropetek units work?
voice activated or push to talk?
im guessing both,but do you have to reach behind your head where the unit is mounted to push the button to talk?

Thanks for all the info guys

Im leaning towards the kask/ropetek units
hoping to order on monday so still have a couple days to make my final decision

Shaun

Do it!
Thanks for all the info guys

Im leaning towards the kask/ropetek units
hoping to order on monday so still have a couple days to make my final decision

Shaun[/quote
Do it! Out of all the stuff I bought last year the hitchhiker and ropetek helmet comms are tied for #1 with my mini skid!

So I ended up ordering 2 of the sena smh10 to put in my existing hard hats while I wait for the sena/protos sets to be sold,
The guys at tee stuff said they will have them available in a couple weeks,
The 2 I ordered arrive tomorrow,
any tips on the install?

Thanks,
Shaun

I bought the smh10 to trial in my own helmet, I've had it on about a month now. I've been using it mainly to listen to music while working and make a few phone calls. There are a whole bunch of options available with the kits, you get the basic module, then you can get all kinds of fitup kits for different styles of helmets (open face vs closed) and then a whole bunch of other options for seperate mics or integrated, long or short boom, hardwired speakers or headphone sockets etc etc... The standard speakers are pretty awful so I bought another kit with the speaker socket with the idea of raping some half decent headphones and integrating them into some muffs. Unit seems pretty robust so far, except for the microphone which doesn't seem to be holding up well to rain and muck. This is a pretty pricey deal, the whole unit (module, install kit, charger etc) was $250, and I bought an extra kit with speaker plug for $50. Add in a helmet ($160) with muffs and clips ($60) and a decent pair of headphones ($100) and you've got $550 sitting on your head which will last maybe a year. I prefer to think of it as $10.58c a week, or $2.11c a day. Less if I work Saturdays.

I'm going to get another for one of my groundies. Ouch.

Back