Keep those stacks neat!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a saying around here, "it is aint red hot or nailed down,it wont be there long.Even if it is red hot, some mexican will take a chance on it."

You got that right about the Mexicans! They carried off my old 032 and tried to steal my brother's wood mizer; woulda' got it too if they hadn't got stuck in the mud tryin' to turn it around!

Looks like another back busting tool to me, I like what it does for sure but after watching Nikocker bent over walking down the log looks to be tiresome after a day of cutitng. They should make them with a adjustable handle so you don't have to bend over.... AND give you the option of what wheel you want when ordering:)

You're a fabricator,make a handle for it.

I thought it worked pretty well when you had it up here.. I am guessing it was the only time it worked?

Not the paint marker... the plastic sticks that hang out the side of the saw. --Ian

97358.gif

Someone at at GTG said he made one of those measuring sticks out of a spring (like a screen door screen for you old guys) surrounded by a piece of heat shrink tubing for stiffness. Said it bent when hit; didn't break like the plastic rod.

Also said he was thinking of making and marketing them.

Can't remember who it was or I would give him his props.

(I'm happy if I get it within a few inches for my own use).

Philbert

Why not just use your bar as a measuring stick ?
And how accurate do you really have to be anyway ? As long as your within an inch or two you won't have any problems.

Iv taught of all that stuff but i can just eyeball it. 8 cord stacks with no major problems. I see soem wierd thing when unmarked tho, i just am used to it. Its the quikest way. IMO

I'm another in the camp that uses the bar to measure. 18" on one saw, and I know on my 24" bar where the 18" mark is. Pretty easy. Only takes me a few cuts at the beginning of the day to get the feel for the right length, then I check myself every now and then. No need to measure every single cut.

A buddy has the mingo marker and every time he goes to use it the paint spray nozzle is plugged and it takes him 15 minutes to get it working. Otherwise I would have one.

I'm going to try this out this year and see if it works. One can of paint and I should be able to cut all the wood I want.

attachment.php

Someone at at GTG said he made one of those measuring sticks out of a spring (like a screen door screen for you old guys) surrounded by a piece of heat shrink tubing for stiffness. Said it bent when hit; didn't break like the plastic rod.

Also said he was thinking of making and marketing them.

Can't remember who it was or I would give him his props.

(I'm happy if I get it within a few inches for my own use).

Philbert
That would be me, Phil.
attachment.php

I'm saving up for a lathe so I can build a bunch of them and I wouldn't hesitate to go head to head with anyone using a Mingo. I'll be doing my post-cutting chain touch up while they are still chunking up logs.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back