Kevlar reinforced logging boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Husky boots with steel toes, kevlar, and all rubber, water proof (and patchable because of that)

have not tried any others to compare

Personally I would prefer a pair without the heels since I don't climb, but finding anything in a size US 15 W-Extra wide is always a problem.

I had a nice pair of Redwings, steel toed. Had just rebuilt a guys 346 NE for him, went out to "test" it. Not really sure how I was such a moron, but that was the end of the boots looking like new. Made half a test cut, turned saw off and went inside to have a drink and think about how close I had just come to cutting my toes off. Like others have said, if you want to take your 372xp and cut your foot off, you will. But a good quality steel toe boot will give you that second to correct yourself before your toes go bye bye.

Need some new boots!!
Allright, I figured I'd post this in the chainsaw section to get more hits. I got a little closer to my saw yesterday and had me a good oh **** moment doing something I don't normally do.
Rolled a log over with my foot and was trimming off a small limb when the tip of the bar jumped off the limb and ran up the side of my boot. :msp_scared:

I am now looking for some serious boots. First time this has happened. Mainly because I don't cut near my foot, but for some reason I did yesterday. :msp_confused:
I came out ok, much better than my boot. It went through the leather and just nicked the sock but didn't break skin. Felt like I got hit with a ball peen hammer though. The chain was just sharpened a few cuts before.

My question is about the Kevlar reinforced boots. Do they help prevent cut through. Another question is why do most logging boots have tall heels? Is there an advantage with the tall heels compared to say a regular work boot?
View attachment 274235View attachment 274236

I have the HAIX air and I would get them again. I really don't think you can go wrong with these if all your doing is ground work. I did however find their not the best with climbing spikes on they do the trick but there are better boots for spikes.

I was searching for a pair of Kevlar boots and was torn between the 7" high Haix Protector extreme with 4 layers of Kevlar and the 10" Matterhorn MT2000 with 7 layers of Kevlar.
NMurph's post which describes how his 7 layer Kevlar mattherhorns boot saved his foot from his ported
346 saw convinced me that these were the boots to get.

Here is his original post: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/thank-you-god-for-kevlar.234133/#post-4272549

Here is the link to the matterhorn boots found on Baileys: http://www.baileysonline.com/Footwe...000-10-Waterproof-Steel-Toe-Chainsaw-Boot.axd

That post was all the real world testing I needed to show that those Matterhorn boots are for me. Mine are on order and hope to get them any day.

I have a pair of the viking ones. They are like a heavy rubber boot. Have not tested them and don't plan to either!

'Logger Style' leather boots or linesman boots have that huge heel to fit a climbing spur shank in there.

I have some like that as well.

12J179_AS01.JPG

Latest posts

Back