***killer combo***

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope im a 100% new person. Name is Dylan McNaughton age 18 my email is [email protected]. im from perry county pa... I do my homework on my stuff before I buy things and like to know what works best for other people.

HMMM, Dennis Cahoon's nickname is McNaughty. A strange coincidence indeed. :biggrin: I kid of course.

Yeah I have found that there is quite the bs and arguments on here... I do a lot of research on my smart phone Samsung Galaxy S3 if you must know.

This is bad advice and we are not doing beginners a favor recommending full chisel chain! ....

That totally depends on his cutting conditions and how good he is at chain maintenanse (sharpening)! ;)

I am not assuming that every new member is ignorant and clumcy....:msp_sneaky:

He said he was wanting to upgrade, and asked what we used, and liked. I don't use or like semi.

I'll remember that you think I'm ignorant, however.

Have a nice day.

That is absolutely ok that you dislike the semi stuff but it is simply my impression that, not only you, but many others here like to recommend pro stuff to self declared newbies. Companies have a reason for inventing safety chains, chaps, etc. and I believe that newbies should begin with that stuff. Progressing to pro stuff is usually very fast anyhow.
As usual everyone has different needs and likes.

good deal. just remember this asking about opinions thing gets alittle hectic around here, weed through the BS and arguments and you'll have some useful info:cheers:

You know the old saying...."Opinions are like a-hole's, everybody's got one and they all stink!"

Now.....:givebeer:

Surely, but a 16" one will always be even better. The question really is what you need - every change has its trade-offs, either in cutting speed handling, or both....:msp_wink:

The folks near me who make a living with chainsaws (tree service, not loggers) all seem to run short bars, often with "non-professional" saws. I'm betting they know something I don't

That sounds crazy not using a pro saw for daily use... im going to be bucking a lot of 14 inch some bigger to reach my goal of about 20 cords split.

16" 3/8" stihl RSLK or oregon CL will be the fastest cutting chain.

Back