Kimberly-Clark paper mill shuts down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H 2 H

H 2 H

FLASHER
A few of my friends worked there; the writing has been on the wall about this

This is on some of the best view land in Everett

Joe46

Joe46

ArboristSite Guru
The agency I work for use to get all of our copier paper from Grays Harbor Paper, probably less than a hundred miles from us. The last pallet that came in was from South Carolina. Makes a lot of sense:(

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
2 mills have recently started again up here in Maine. The Millinocket and East Millinocket mills are running again and Old Town fuel and fiber is adding another machine. The US paper industry isn't dead, not yet anyways.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
When I was growin up in Maine , if the wind came out of the north we could smell the Millinocket pulp mill . Good to see it's running again !!!!!
Does it still stink ? :msp_smile:

I am sure it still does smell, but I couldn't tell you first hand. Lot of local problems up there right now with the mills, landfill, and maybe a national park. Not a place I would start a "casual" conversation. LOL! If you are interested, go to bangordailynews.com and search Millinocket.

I do smell the Old Town mill twice a day though. On my way to and from work. I don't mind the smell because it provides a lot of jobs for the area.

H 2 H

H 2 H

FLASHER
a short list of snohomish county mills that have closed or are rumored to close this year, kimberly-clark, northwest hardwoods, hampton Darrington plant(still a rumor) that only leaves buse, sea-sno, Formark (technically not a mill) and miller shingle that i know of

I knew about Northwest Hardwoods but I haven't heard anything about Hampton. More friends will be out of a job then

ShaneLogs

ShaneLogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
When I was growin up in Maine , if the wind came out of the north we could smell the Millinocket pulp mill . Good to see it's running again !!!!!
Does it still stink ? :msp_smile:

Yup! That is how it is where I live. If the wind is blowing just right u can smell the stink from my house LOL

cowtipper

cowtipper

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.