Kind of off the Chain Saw Topic, But

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get 'em big

I've got a pair of Cabela's Upland Supremes that are a good all around hunting boot.

For cold weather, deer stand or still hunting, I finally figured out that the type of boot and the grams of Thinsulate aren't nearly as important as the size of boot. I now wear a boot that is 3 sizes bigger than my normal shoe size. That let's me throw on some good layering of socks and a heat pouch if needed. The extra air space makes all the difference.

Red Wings for me, all the way!! :cheers:

I got my first pair in high school - and tried several other brands through the years - but always ended up, back in a pair of Red Wings! :clap:

Red Wings for me, all the way!! :cheers:

I got my first pair in high school - and tried several other brands through the years - but always ended up, back in a pair of Red Wings! :clap:
catman,

Was a sad day for me a few months ago, when I found out that Red Wings are not entirely made in the U.S.A. anymore. Some of them are, but even Red Wings have been moving overseas...just like Carhartt (owned by the same company), much of it is not made on native soil anymore...:cry:

A few years ago, when I bought the most recent pair of Red Wings I have, the Worx line was made in China, but the rest made in the U.S.A., but that is not the case anymore.

So, all of you die hard Red Wings fans, take note...cause Red Wings may not be the same quality in the future. :mad: :cry:

Just wandering what everyone's favorite work/hunting/#### kicking boot is?

I'm particular to Danner, I love dem boots.

I am particularly hard on boots being that I work and play outside in all types of conditions. For work I normally I have been having good luck with the Terra combat boot. They are made in Canada using some kind of cordura nylon with a gortex liner, so far they have stood up well.

For hunting boots I have Irish Setters by Redwing shoes, they are made in China, but have been standing to the abuse I dish out. They have 1000 grams of thinsulate and a gortex liner. They are great for sitting in stand deer hunting. The only complaint I have with them is the stupid :censored:ing "J" hook lacing system, the laces come out of the hooks while you are walking no matter how tight you do them up.

Not too many rocky fans out there!

I have/had only had one pair of rockys, about 10 years old, wore them a few times a year, not often cause they were not very comfy, and last year I put them on to shovel the drive, noticed my feet were getting wet, and when I took the boots off I looked at the bottoms, both were dryrotted, the sole was falling apart, every step I took was leaving sole pieces on the ground.

I am not a rocky fan at all due to this experience.

I have had one pair of danners for 15 years and another pair for 10 years and they look brandy new.

Are there any companies out there that do not send all or part of their boot line to china???????????

China has it locked up....

Sad to say, but China has the edge on manufacturing because of dirt cheap labor. The quality on most of the Chinese-made products I see is OK, but it sure doesn't do much for the Ol USofA to have all of our goods made overseas....

Sad to say, but China has the edge on manufacturing because of dirt cheap labor. The quality on most of the Chinese-made products I see is OK, but it sure doesn't do much for the Ol USofA to have all of our goods made overseas....
Sorry, they have it locked up as we bring their products into the U.S. so that the sales will happen. I don't buy anything imported, especially from China, if I can help it anymore. And yes, you will have to pay more and even have a difficult time finding products made in other countries, but it is worth doing when possible. The way to bring our country back is to work, manufacture, and sell the products in our own country. Let the Chinese sell their own $#!T to themselves, IMO. Let them feed their own babies contaminated milk, or contaminated pot stickers, or let them load their steam buns with cardboard...all of this activity takes place in their country.

As long as we keep giving our country away, people will take it. If we try to buy products made in the U.S., we stand a better chance of succeeding in the future. Not to dis the folks in other countries, but understand...the U.S. is fubar at the moment, we have a serious problem and it's effecting you folks in other countries also. I'm all for letting people come to America and working here to make product, I'd rather that happen (H1B even) than let China take our business away and profit from it for their own good.

My $0.02...(for free yet!;))

Richale or something like that. Climbing boots. A real SOB to break in, but fit like a glove after. 15-20 years old and still look fine. Sort of cold in the winter though, so in 0 degrees and below I use Sportsman's Guide 2000 gram thinsilate boots. They are huge, but warm. JR

Carolinas and Matterhorns here. :cheers:

I've tried them all... Rockys, Red Wings, Danners, Irsh Setters, La Cross, etc. I'll take the Carolinas and Matterhorns any day.

I have a pair of Carolina steel toes that I wear everyday and have for about 5 years now one of the best boots I've ever owned. The Matterhorns are well..... Matterhorns what else can ya say. :cheers:

BTW quite a few of the Carolinas are still made in this country and if you go to their web site they even have it as a search option so you can weed out the 'nese junk.

Are there any companies out there that do not send all or part of their boot line to china???????????

White's, they are made in Spokane, Washington, i drove over there when i bout my last pair of boots. about a week later, got a thank you card in the mail from the salesman....thought that was kinda cool

Latest posts

Back