KM56 vs KM91

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnShooter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys.

I‘m looking to get a Stihl Kombi System.
The majority of the time, it will be used as a string trimmer.
Followed by the Hedge trimmer attachment and possibly a pole saw later.
The Hedge Trimmer will be used on hedges and to clear off under growth around tress.
We have poison ivy fairly thick in areas and the string trimmer throws it all over me and the teimmer.
so I figured the hedge trimmer may work ok for this too?

Basically this would be the time spent on each attachment.
60% - String Trimmer
30% - Hedge Trimmer
10% - Pole Saw

Which would be the better unit for some one that would be using this maybe 10x per year?
Yes, 10x per year maybe 20 hours run time the whole year.

Also, can any one tell me the main difference between the Power Scythe and the Hedge Trimmer?

Hey there guys.

I‘m looking to get a Stihl Kombi System.
The majority of the time, it will be used as a string trimmer.
Followed by the Hedge trimmer attachment and possibly a pole saw later.
The Hedge Trimmer will be used on hedges and to clear off under growth around tress.
We have poison ivy fairly thick in areas and the string trimmer throws it all over me and the teimmer.
so I figured the hedge trimmer may work ok for this too?

Basically this would be the time spent on each attachment.
60% - String Trimmer
30% - Hedge Trimmer
10% - Pole Saw

Which would be the better unit for some one that would be using this maybe 10x per year?
Yes, 10x per year maybe 20 hours run time the whole year.

Also, can any one tell me the main difference between the Power Scythe and the Hedge Trimmer?
I’m not sure about weight differences or pricing. I run KM91 and KM131 Kombi units every day. Personally I wouldn’t have anything other than the pro series because of the 4 mix power and durability. If using as a pole saw you will really be glad if you go pro. I use mine (131) to cut larger than spec oak when I have to and it simply works great. If you follow directions and winterize (or keep fuel empty when stored) the Kombi will last your lifetime. In addition if you look at resell value on FB Marketplace you can resell the pro model at anytime and get about 100-125$ less than you paid after years of use.

I understand you won’t use it everyday like I do. I would even prefer a used pro model over a new home model if budget was tight. Again it cranks every time and is built to last. You can usually fix it yourself from watching you tube years later if anything does break. Lastly- if you don’t use non-ethanol gas (highly recommend you do) the carburetors are about $35 if you don’t want to rebuild it. (Cheap) Just my two cents. Hope that helps in some way.

Back