Knocked out.. Logsplitter+Dewalt Drill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This splitter is going to kill me. I was drilling the new motor holes and just got through the steel. I backed off and took a knee to get a better hold, cause I know it was going to grab hard. Well I gusse my face was to close and the drill grabed hard and hit me right in the corner of my eye. Busted my glasses and knocked me out cold. The last thing I remember is falling over a jack stand and hitting the floor. Then the blood come, I manage to get to the house and hit the floor again before the wife got to me. Sitting here know trying to see if I want to go to the hospital. I told here to superglue it shut, but she wouldn't. I know they won't stitche that close or glue it that close to the eye. Chalk one up for Dewalt-They make one hell of a drill. :cheers:

#1 daughter knocked son backwards into coffee table when he was about 3. Cut the back of his head pretty good. Had already spent some time at emergency room for other kids accidents.I figure hospital is getting to think were not good parents so I superglued his cut together. Everytime he gets a brush haircut I see that scar and snicker. Superglue is good stuff.:)

superglue rocks!!! i have one of those old craftsman 1/2 " drills with the peice of 1/2" pipe that screws into for better leverage ya right ive been hurt so many times by that drill it s not even funny anymore :mad: every time i see it i cringe dont get it out unless i have to. i hate that drill !!! but try buying one that works as long as one of those nowdays it was my grandpas i thought it was a big deal when he gave it to me:clap: guess he got the last laugh.

That's gotta hurt. I've had my fair share of twisted wrists from the Milwaukee hole hog and been socked in the ribs by the battery on the cordless Dewalt more than once but never the head. Might not be a bad idea to go get checked out. In my experience if I'm debating going to the doctor it probably means I need to go. Hope you feel better.

This splitter is going to kill me. I was drilling the new motor holes and just got through the steel. I backed off and took a knee to get a better hold, cause I know it was going to grab hard. Well I gusse my face was to close and the drill grabed hard and hit me right in the corner of my eye. Busted my glasses and knocked me out cold. The last thing I remember is falling over a jack stand and hitting the floor. Then the blood come, I manage to get to the house and hit the floor again before the wife got to me. Sitting here know trying to see if I want to go to the hospital. I told here to superglue it shut, but she wouldn't. I know they won't stitche that close or glue it that close to the eye. Chalk one up for Dewalt-They make one hell of a drill. :cheers:

DeWalts Rule, my son was playing with my 18VXRP one day and caught his shirt in the bit"screw driving bit ta boot" and wrapped his shirt up and pinched the He__ out of him, leaving a huge welt on his tummy. He has never touched it since. My wife hates it when I come in asking for her, she knows we're usually headed to the E.R. LOL

Ouch Dangit!!

We were moving into a new office back in the late '80s and we made desktops out of solid core doors that were ledgered onto the walls. I was drilling holes for cords for lamps, phones, whatever using somebody's drill...probably a Dack & Blecker.

Whatever brand it was it had recessed screw holes along the back of the handle...so that when it bit going through the desktop and happened to catch the edge of the ledger, those screw holes became "meat planes" as they were forced across the palm of my hand.

SON OF A B*TCH!!!

Still nothing like being knocked out but one of those things that hurt every time you did something for a week or so.

Dewalt makes a damn fine drill...pretty soon they'll require a 10day wait period.

Ouch. After reading the title, cringed through the story.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I agree with the suggestion on a visit to the doctor.

I loved my wife's response to an accident that almost took me out. She was in PA on a business trip when it happened. First thing she said when she got to the hospital the next morning was, "If you ever do that again, I'm gonna kill you." :laugh:

this is one of those things where you say "do I laugh or not" well, I did kind of but I hope you're going to be ok.......

I was drilling fence posts for hanging a gate last spring with my 18V Dewalt and got it just about in the same place-right below my right eye. Didn't knock me out and really didn't hurt all that badly, but sure bled like a stuck pig for a while. Wife's a veterinary surgeon so the first thing she wanted to do was grab her suture and needle and stitch it up. I elected against that procedure. It quit bleeding eventually, but I had a nice shiner for several days. Everybody asked me who I got in a fight with. Now I've got a pretty good scar there, so at least something good came of it.

Just another 0.02 cents worth.....

They'll all get-cha.

Been a Milwaukee fan for decades, Porter, DeWalt and Bosch make fine drills.

My choice by a margin is Hitachi.

With most of the major brands, your going to get what you pay for. What I like about Hitachi, it seems like a more controllable grunt on the bottom end, or if you don't want to smoke a drill-bit.

A good test is mix 5-gallons of Thin set or cold Spackle, and feel the drill-motor for heat?

I have the same drill with the same name! Funny how B&D used to make good tools!

B & D still makes good tools, they are now called DeWalt.

I do remember some of the old Gray and Black B & D tools from when I first started doing a little plumbing. B & D went with the "Industrial" line for a while, and due to confusion between their product offerings, went with DeWalt.

Now DeWalt has a "homeowner/hobbyist" line and a commercial line. I guess they just can't help themselves.

BTW, I have taken a few licks from Hole Hawgs, Big 1/2" drive Milwaukee right angle drills, and 1" spline drive hammer drills over the years.
Just because I try to be more careful these days, it doesn't mean it hurts less when I get "bit!"

B & D still makes good tools, they are now called DeWalt.

I do remember some of the old Gray and Black B & D tools from when I first started doing a little plumbing. B & D went with the "Industrial" line for a while, and due to confusion between their product offerings, went with DeWalt.

Now DeWalt has a "homeowner/hobbyist" line and a commercial line. I guess they just can't help themselves.

BTW, I have taken a few licks from Hole Hawgs, Big 1/2" drive Milwaukee right angle drills, and 1" spline drive hammer drills over the years.
Just because I try to be more careful these days, it doesn't mean it hurts less when I get "bit!"
I didn't know that they were the same company,So B&D owns Dewalt or Vise versa?
I have some B&D stuff that is as old or older than me! Hand me downs, lot's of Grey hand tools also.

My wife "Stop bleeding all over my kitchen, Xmas is in 3 weeks"

Well after I got it to stop bleeding it doesn't look bad at all. Eye is all swelled up and I'll have a nice mark there. When the swelling goes down I can put my contacts in and get my glasses fixed. After all this I put the motor back to the oem spot and will not be useing the holes I drilled.:monkey:

Latest posts

Back