knot question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ropework book

I've been a rock climber for 9 years, and do a lot of vertical ropework. An excellent book that would probably be a lot of help to arborists is "On Rope"

Even if it does you need to soak the tools, not spray them. Or to rephrase your statement "Put your tools in bleach".

Ok I talked to my Dad. the retired sanitarian III with a BS in organic chemistry. I'm wrong, 100ppm bleach should sanitize fungal spores, or we would not be able to clean the shower walls.

100ppm is 1 oz laundry bleach to 5 gal water, soak 2 min then rince and oil the metal.

30:1 is still rather strong, the 100ppm is arouns 640:1

I've used iodine on exacto blades digging for slivers. It etches the stainless blade pretty fast. Not cheap either.

Wow, y'all ever try to get a fibergalss splinter out of you from a pole saw? They seem to want to work in and not out to me! Gotta really cut through that callous in your palm!

Chlorine being corrosive, the less the better that still performs i think. Rinsing and oiling sounds real good too! 1oz./5G. would be 2Tablespoons/5G., or 6 teaspoons/5G., or 1 1/5th teaspoon per gallon i think........

I always use a new tool for each cut to minimize disease transmission. If I'm concerned about insects invading, I will sit by the cut to ward off the bugs until the winter. The best part about using new tools, though, is that they never become dull, and you make the best possible pruning cut.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this one, though.

Nickrosis

I just won't cut an oak after April 15 unless there was a pressing need to. I'll ask tomorrow about what the other guys are doing.

Nickrosis

Latest posts

Back