knuckleboom crane truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure i dont get the magazine usually just look at it online it could possibly be a picture of mine. im confused with the rest of your post.

-maybe you should consider that twin screw for a while , they are some big money to maintain and when you do tires you'll be doing 4 more forever -

^^^ thats the part im lost with explain when you get a chance i read it over a few times just cant lock on to what your saying.

Tandem , dual axles ... Seems that for you to get the full use of them that truck is gonna have to be huge , and they are not cheap to run like I said instead of doing 4 caps you'll be doing 8 ....

aefcc5d7-2aff-66e4.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Show off!

haha thanks man. its amazing how much something like this changes the game. we took out a row of pine trees 8-9 like it was nothing grounds crew doesnt know what to do anymore. used to be a whole day job now its strap and cut. its amazing how those booms flex under load looks kinda freaky at first.

the plan was to get a altec crane to go along with it but im pretty sure and am getting ready to put it in the works of building a 35 ton model k boom.

ya im pretty excited about saving my back. i been picking up logs for to many years decided that i didnt wanna get old to quick. next on the list is a whole tree chipper one of the larger morbarks or a woodsman have been my top to choices so far. i been working my bandit 250 like a dog for years now but i gotta say it takes it and keeps on tickin. we put 20-30 foot spars in the thing all day long. the suspense has been killing me. i gotta use a crane next week and cant wait till im not on the clock and just use my own.

we've been running a treelan whole tree chipper for several years now, and the overall design seemed much better than others. One important thing to think about when looking at a whole tree chipper is the space between the infeed wheels and the chipper knives. It really makes a difference, you dont want too much space in there for stuff to pile up in, seemed like with the ones we demo'd the shorter that space the better. The mechanic made a few improvement mods to it which were simple (adding another huge battery to it, and putting a post for the grapple to grasp in storage position, as well as a gauge to indicate when the grapple was tight when it was on the storage rack). We run a 1700 whole tree chipper as well (quite a bit smaller than the treelan). The treelan is IMO about the best you can find. Gratz on the k-boom, those things are awesome.

we've been running a treelan whole tree chipper for several years now, and the overall design seemed much better than others. One important thing to think about when looking at a whole tree chipper is the space between the infeed wheels and the chipper knives. It really makes a difference, you dont want too much space in there for stuff to pile up in, seemed like with the ones we demo'd the shorter that space the better. The mechanic made a few improvement mods to it which were simple (adding another huge battery to it, and putting a post for the grapple to grasp in storage position, as well as a gauge to indicate when the grapple was tight when it was on the storage rack). We run a 1700 whole tree chipper as well (quite a bit smaller than the treelan). The treelan is IMO about the best you can find. Gratz on the k-boom, those things are awesome.

Those trelan chippers do look pretty sweet when i buy one tho i gotta find one with a dealer kinda close to my house. Morbark or Bandit is within 30 min of me so thats what ive narrowed down to thier is a vermeer dealer, but the odds of me buying another vermeer are slim to none after the bc1250 bc1000xl and sc352 stump grinder ive vowed never again.

i was leaning twards morbarks typhoon 20 with a loader arm or the 1990 bandit with a loader. im gonna wait intill spring tho so ill look around all winter. i kinda ruled out woodsman it seems that they change thier design alot and shake themselves apart. some say thats normal but ive never owned anything that shook till it cracked. we run a 2400xl morbark alot and its never had anything like that happen yet and we force feed it.

I just sent you my job app, Matt! :msp_rolleyes:

you gonna relocate? its about a 3 day drive my buddy just did it i couldnt be in a car that long i would probably jump out. i hated driving down and picking that truck up and driving back. the next one im just gonna cough up the 1.50 a mile and have it delivered.

you gonna relocate? its about a 3 day drive my buddy just did it i couldnt be in a car that long i would probably jump out. i hated driving down and picking that truck up and driving back. the next one im just gonna cough up the 1.50 a mile and have it delivered.

Yeah, buddy......

oh................:msp_huh:

wellpp, never mind.

Matt, just curious on how long it takes to switch attachments? That is the coolest thing I ever seen, what a super multi-purpose machine!

Matt, just curious on how long it takes to switch attachments? That is the coolest thing I ever seen, what a super multi-purpose machine!

o its super easy just putting pins in and hooking up lines. the bucket just slides in the end of the boom and locks in with pins.

Last edited:
Back