Kolbenschmidt cylinder info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippysphins

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if each Cylinder has a date of manufacture ? On the opposite side there are a bunch of casting Id markings anybody know what these are ? And what they mean .
Generally on the top of the cylinder right in front of the spark plug hole there seems to be a B Stamped ,but I also saw a c on a older one.
Ty for any info on the matter.
Chris

37767c73f95cfb0d14f5d1c32bb7b106.jpg
8b5c2f4cd3b2019c6ac9d8388ccc2859.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

They used to stamp as Mike show pictures, it was very precise also back in the 80's and first 2 years in 90, I always loved those marking KS used to have!
I think they quit doing it, I got one originale 254xpg-98 that had KS jug without those famous marking as Mike show.

As Mike say, the stamp show when KS made them.
If KS/Husky had some golden ones you can sort them out through KS month and production year, cool system if you ask me!

I've only seen once this didnt made sense but my thought about it is that the early owner sometime swap parts if he had to.

As earlier stated, luckily Husky has left this A B C nonsens, nowadays we get AB pistons and that is more then good enough for me, hopefully Meteor will start to make 262 AB piston also, just like they do for 254.

262, Husky have never given us the options to choose if we want one A or B piston, from day one we only had one type piston to choose, the same goes to 242 and 254, we never had anything to choose between.

We are back to the 80's where Husly had different # for A, B, C.

Back