Lack of hushy dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoeyrd2110

hoeyrd2110

ArboristSite Guru
My buddy wanted 25 husky gens. They made him buy 86....enough said. And now ayp parts are at exclusive suppliers. Any company that treats its dealers/customers like they owe the company and not the other way around deserves to lose sales. I wish husky used echo's style of marketing and dealership style would be a much better brand to be with.

Log slayer

Log slayer

ArboristSite Operative
I think hushy has realized the state the consumers of this country are in. We consume so much. That's what our country is teaching our kids. They sell the cheap saws to the box stores. Sell a piss load of them and make major profit. When the damn thing blows up because these ppl that buy these saws have no clue how to run them. Not bashing just saying majority here. They do what they do best. Throw it away and buy another. No warranty work and double the consumption of product.
Look at how Russia is logging right now. They buy a shipping container full of ms180's. if anything goes down with the saw like the chain gets dull or something breaks. They throw it down and grab a new one. Timber trakes are littered with these saws. Don't believe me look on google earth. It's crazy.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Of course, it's totally stupid. Lowes and TSC have huge leverage and they use it. Worst thing Husky did for their true customers was to sell through non-service providing box stores. It's great for average home depot types though because they get to feel good about buying a Husky while picking out floor tile. The problem is that Husky is not a pro-grade husky and they are essentially buying it and on their own for support... something a good dealer exists for.

Husky is essentially destroying their dealer network for profits.

Plus side is darwinism... the ones that are left are probably going to be pretty good

I'm not really sure the box store sales of the cheapest products really competes with their own dealers - isn't it is more about grabbing a part of a different market, in addition? At least some of those products are saws that the real dealers don't want to sell anyway, but there are a "gray zone", where it is overlapping. The real question is what those costumers would have bought, if there where no Husky saws in the box-stores....

One result of it is of course the "refurbished" products, that really are box-store returns - for good and bad.

Personally I don't like that they do this in the US (they don't anywhere else, that I know of) - but what really is the difference between selling at Loeves etc, and selling at non-service hardware stores?

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
We have a Husky/stihl dealer, it is fully stocked, it is a good one. This is a small, somewhat isolated town, it lacks the choices other places have. I needed a lawnmower, I wanted a good one, I have 6,500 square feet of lawn.
There was the crap at Wally's, the hardware store had good ones, but basic and a touch pricey. After a fair amount of research, I bought a big walk behind Husqvarna mower from the local dealer. The thing rocks, our yard had been neglected, it was knee high grass, weeds and berry vines, the mower dragged my sorry ass through it full tilt.
It is Honda powered, one pull start, nice and quiet.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
No independent husky dealers association? Dealers have no representation? Got gripes, bump it up the chain of command in person somehow, the sales suits that dealers ...have to deal with...have no interest in anything but short term profits.

You have to be a shareholder to get listened to at all

you have to actually go to the shareholders meetings, held in sweden

Want your voice heard, this is how it is done in the big business world

Look at the picture, see all those empty seats? I would bet serious kroner that there are very few if any actual dealers there, just investment dweebs

General Meeting | Husqvarna Group

copy paste from their corporate governance page

Husqvarna's overall objective is to create long-term value for its shareholders and other stakeholders. This requires effective corporate governance with an appropriate organizational structure, systems for internal control and risk management, and transparency.

Needs a representative from a US husky dealers group, if this exists (and if not it needs to exist), to get to these meetings and bring these valid dealer issue points up..it says shareholders AND stakeholders. It also says long term value..short term profits are not long term, screwing over servicing dealers is gonna bite them hard down the road

screamin350

screamin350

ArboristSite Operative
The last our rep had told us was that TSC was losing Husqvarna, and getting Jonsered. He told us that in late November. Not sure when that was supposed to happen, but that is the latest I've heard. Nothing is going to change with Lowes and what they carry.

Latest posts