Lady on ebay selling hundreds of chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offered her on a parts saw, we’ll see. She doent show pics with the covers off, it’s a pig in a poke if the saw is complete. I have her saw in boxes so I can build saws from hers.

Time to hit the estate sales maybe used saws for $10?
That's about what they sell for. Some are almost given away if you show up and want one. One of my good friends collected nine of them last year for me to work on. I got most of them running, he paid me for the restoration, and then he sold them from there.

If you have another one to make one saw? Kind of high. I’m seeing everyone selling thinks they got gold. Offer $50, then $75 then walk. It depends how bad you want it. Saws of that era need to be complete to give us advantage on fixing it,

Those who give up there guns to make plow shares will plow for those who didn’t.

If you have another one to make one saw? Kind of high. I’m seeing everyone selling thinks they got gold. Offer $50, then $75 then walk. It depends how bad you want it. Saws of that era need to be complete to give us advantage on fixing it,

Those who give up there guns to make plow shares will plow for those who didn’t.
Nah, just interested in a couple parts. I've restored 2 EZs and a 17L. I even offered to buy just the parts to reduce shipping.

She won’t budge on offers, she does estate sales. Lots of partner saws in vt. Figure them on being parts maybe. Funny I find the other listed running partner saws over priced. For what there asking I can buy two husky saws. Or one new one.

I wish I had more time and room I’d buy them all just for a challenge to see how many would run.

Garbage to one man, a treasure to another. How sought after by a collector are these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PARTNER-Chainsaw-Chain-Saw-PARTS-1-/402278992195
When people have junk, that’s blatantly overpriced and it sits and sits you have to wonder the motive. If they are a business who makes $$$ to sell things for other people they do not make a dime until they MAKE THE SALE...holding onto junk for months and months and also having to store said junk isn’t a wise financial decision. Perhaps a front for a different “sort” of business.....

I’ve seen it with before....”traveling salesman” running MJ from a weed friendly state under the guise of two separate sales jobs.

for well under $200 I purchased every 570 xt I could buy. We’re running three of them right now. My sons can’t get over that they run. Other brands non running are more.

I needed a rear handle for my 480/285 i offered last night. Won it. Finally.

Some of the prices are ridiculous. $149+ride for half of an old Homelite, maybe a 5-20?

That's because the seller doesn't really know anything about chainsaws. I bought a Pioneer 700D and a 3071 from them, both for $40 each plus shipping.

They were both pretty rough but I got exactly what I expected. As long as you don't have high expectations of this seller, then everything will be good...

That's because the seller doesn't really know anything about chainsaws. I bought a Pioneer 700D and a 3071 from them, both for $40 each plus shipping.

They were both pretty rough but I got exactly what I expected. As long as you don't have high expectations of this seller, then everything will be good...
So what was the original listed price on the Pioneers? I studied the photos and pointed out exactly which parts were missing as well as evidence that someone had been 'into' the saw in the past. The good parts I saw were worth what I offered and shipping always has to be factored into the price. I expected to at least get a counter offer. The saw has been relisted twice now. Maybe I'll ask if they want to make a counter offer.

They don’t know how to haggle. I hanged around the shop with two old Yankee horse traders I watched the deals they got and learned from them.
Not many know how to haggle. But some get mad and back off. I offered for a saw last night today he pulled the listing.

Seems like a typical small collection of the typical old saws being sold by someone who is not in any way familiar with what they are selling. All you can do is make an offer and wait for a response. There are a couple of interesting saws. I would rather drive and pick up the whole lot than pick and choose using eBay.

My wife definitely knows what I have. She balances the books and knows what I've spent in parts alone. When I see something I consider a great deal we go together to get it like just about anything else. If I go first she knows there is a small savings account in saws down in the basement.

My wife definitely knows what I have. She balances the books and knows what I've spent in parts alone. When I see something I consider a great deal we go together to get it like just about anything else. If I go first she knows there is a small savings account in saws down in the basement.

My condolences. [emoji22]

Back