• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Large Old Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Trexler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a complete really old and really large junk chainsaw that I can mount up on top of a huge sign I just got done making for my shop. I would prefer it be between 4-5' long with bar and no more the 6' because then it would hang over on each side of the sign. Obviously shipping is going to be nuts which is why I want a old junker to cut down on cost. Let me know what you got. I'm attaching pictures of the sign to give you an idea of what I want to do, the saw would be mounted on top of the whole structure. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2015-03-23_18-14-03_276.jpg
    2015-03-23_18-14-03_276.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 134
I have a bar that was in 1 of the bucket trucks that we have from previous owner. Its at least 36" and stihl I believe. Pay shipping and it's yours.

I actually though about carving a believable chainsaw powerhead and mounting a bar to it but I've already got like 70hrs in the sign so at this point I'm just ready to be done with it lol. Still have to do more sealing and mount my light system for it to be seen at night. It definitely turned into a bigger project then I first intended. It's hard to tell in the picture but all the numbers are carved into the logs and raised out about an inch or more and it's two side.

Have plenty at the shop if you want to visit. Everything from Wild Thangs to 60+ yr old 2 cylinder 2 man saws.

Nice sign Steven. Did you do the carving? How are you going to securely mount the CS?

Yea I did all the carving with a ms210. I do metal fabrication too so I'm going to make custom brackets once I get the saw and bolt it to the top beam.

Got a two man mcculloch with a four or so foot bar on it. Believe it's a 101 model or something like that. Only thing missing is the muffler. Pm me if Interested. Bonus is I'm located in marion nc so maybe no shipping

Got a two man mcculloch with a four or so foot bar on it. Believe it's a 101 model or something like that. Only thing missing is the muffler. Pm me if Interested. Bonus is I'm located in marion nc so maybe no shipping

A 101 2 man?????????????????

Nice sign.

Maybe you can get someone with a plasma cutter to cut a silhouette of such a saw out of steel plate, and mount that on top? It might be easier to install, and you could scale it up proportionally.

Place the monster, antique saw just inside your shop, or in a front window, where it will not rust away, but will start lots of conversations.

Philbert

Nice sign.

Maybe you can get someone with a plasma cutter to cut a silhouette of such as saw out of steel plate, and mount that on top? It might be easier to install, and you could scale it up proportionally.

Place the monster, antique saw just inside your shop, or in a front window, where it will not rust away, but will start lots of conversations.

Philbert
The rust adds character.

Back