• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Large Old Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha Bill that's perfect. As far as the silhouette I could do that I have a torch and plasma cutter I just thought it would be cooler to have a antique chainsaw mounted up there.

As far as the two man I have to call the guy today it's a mcculloch 99 and he says it runs and has a near perfect chain so I kind of agree with the not mounting it up on the sign to rust away but I'm still probably going to try and buy it anyways for just the purpose you said basically just a conversation piece.

Steven,

Another idea to consider is a partial saw. What I mean is a powerhead with a "fake" bar. It is easier to find a locked up powerhead without a bar. You could then just torch out a bar. It would not have a chain but really that does not matter. If you would happen to run across a very long bar it would be a shame to see it out in the weather.

Bill

Well being that the saw would be more art then function I'm not really looking to throw out running saw money. I'd prefer to stay at $150 or below.

That would be awesome. I'm probably going to buy that two man but there's no way I could let it rust and rot away so I still need a saw for my sign. Just let me know.

As far as the two man I have to call the guy today it's a mcculloch 99 and he says it runs and has a near perfect chain so I kind of agree with the not mounting it up on the sign to rust away but I'm still probably going to try and buy it anyways for just the purpose you said basically just a conversation piece.
That would be 161cc's of conversation. That would be a nice piece to have...cuddled up nice & warm & dry in the window.

Back