Large Salt Cedar tree/stump removal project needs ideas.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might want to start a new thread in the chainsaw forum, Dave. Trust me - these guys will be all over it!

Ehh...ok different question. These trees have sand embedded in the bark cuz they're growin' on the edge of the desert so the wind blows it in and it never rains to wash it off. Suggestions? Axe the bark off where I wanna cut? Keep a saw with a dull chain for barking then cut with the good one? Thanx all.

David B said:
Am i crazy? the house is kinda close...how hard is it to get? Gotta be some kinda pro?

Yes, there are licensing requirements. Friend of mine was licensed in Kalifornia many years back. I don't know much more than that, though.

Sure would be fun! :D

if i can ad my two penneth worth, we have two issues here, 1 to kill the tree and its subsequent suckers...then 2 is how to remove the dead stump.....you have had some good ideas here.......kill the bugger first, then grind it out......ripping it out could cause allsorts of trouble with structures around the trees....grinding should be able to take it 2 feet down, you can help rotting by appling septic tank mixture or dried milk powder to the remainer of the stump if there is any left...a goodgrinder with the right kit should have them out no trouble.....the cost is another thing...good luck

Remember me? We rented a John Deere 710 'hoe and dug out the root balls on the 2 big trees and pulled 'em down, but didn't have time to dig out the other root balls. What do you guys think you be the most effective to dig them out? A small dozer or a backhoe again?

Back