Larger Dogs/Bucking Spikes for Husky 359?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StumpThumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a set of larger dogs / bucking spikes for a Husky 359?

Bailey's has some that list as "will fit a 365 / 371 / 372 / 385". The saw body on a 359 is similar to a 365, can anyone confirm that if they fit a 365 they'll fit a 359?

Any other ideas on how to find some for a 359?

(I know many say you don't need larger bucking spikes if you use proper technique, and I agree. Just trying to avoid the "why do you want those" posts.)

Just looked, and it looks like the outer one fits, but you'll need to make a spacer and I'll let you know about the inner after I take the bar off. Even if the hole on the inner are different, you should be able to drill what you need easy enough.

The outer one will be covering your chain adjuster though.

Thanks trimmed, let me know what you find out about the inner one.

When you say the outer one will need a spacer, do you mean something to space it away from the saw body??

As far as the outer one covering the chain adjusting screw I could always drill a hole for that too.

I will. There is a little piece that sticks up on the bar cover, that would keep the dawg from setting flush. So I was suggesting spacer to keep from crushing that when tightening up the bar nuts.

Back