last night was a stove tester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-11F this morning, forcast high for today .. 0F.
Should of loaded the stoves full of oak/locust last night, instead used black walnut and elm.... oh well, it was still 66F in the house at 5am.

yah,hello--colder than a well digger here also---brrrrrrrr..and we were roofing thursday!!!

Clear and -25 at my house right now, 72 degrees and sunny in the house. 1st year with a Central boiler CL-40 and loving it. sure beats putting propane in the tank!!! last year the back half of my trailer doubled as a walk-in cooler, and the rest of the house was at about 55. now i have a wife and a new baby, that doesn't fly anymore for some reason???

I let our stove go out this morning... high of 47 today! It's only the 2 or 3rd time in 3 weeks it's been above freezing here, and it's well above, too hot to burn when that happens. It is supposed to dip down to 20 again for our low tonight so I'll clean out all the ash and get a fire going later today.

Here in Central WI, it is -4 with a -18 wind chill. At least the wind died down from what it was Saturday and Sunday with gusts at 38 to 40 mph.
But, it's nice and toasty in the house and the wood boiler is just sitting there in the basement waiting for a call for heat.
The only time that my setup didn't keep up is when we have those -100 wind chill days, then we might have to put on a sweater or a sweat-shirt. :D

Currently -18 do not know how cold it got last night but the furnace kicked in at around 3:00 AM.

Next year I am planning on tearing off the vinyl siding and putting some insulation on the outside of the house. These manufactured homes by Holly Park are big POS. During one of these big winds in the Summer some siding fell off and what it revealed was not a pretty sight.

So if you are looking into purchasing a Holly Park home, contact me via PM and I will give you the long list of stuff that either went wrong or problems I found in the manufacture of the home.

Was +3 C° yesterday all day and up to around 5pm but over night dropped to -12 C°.
Was snowing and raining yesterday so all the 3 inches of slush is now frozen.
Good thing I shovelled the wet muck away from the doors and pushed it off the car and Jeep last night.
Supposed to stay cold all week and more snow for next weekend.

Low 50's here the last few days, only had to fire up the stove after dinner to take a little chill off. Wet but warm! Had a constant fire most of November, its nice having a break and saves wood too!

38 at 05:30 this am, 69 and sunny right now, think I will go cut some logs:chainsawguy:(as I duck all incomeing thrown objects)

Roy

Definitely a stove tester. Low of 3 here lastnight, still decent when I got up this morning at 4:45. Cold when I got home, wife apparently didn't load any wood or damper it down.:bang: Still a few coals and it's going now though.

Sat and Sunday my woodstove served to increase the intervals that the furnace ran. It couldn't raise the temp above the furnace set temp until the winds started to die down on Sunday. I still have a lot of insulating to do.

Don

Latest posts

Back