Last Question - Sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Dog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK Guys, hope this is my last (dunmb-ass) question:
I have both the (Homelite) C-5 and C-52. The C-5 came with a bar and sprocket for a .404/.063 chain. The sprocket is marked "40". The C-52 came with a sprocket marked "SS 3/8". The chain on the C-52 has 80 drive links and each drive link has the number "72" on them. My question is this: I want to use the C-52 bar and chain on the C-5 so; would all I need to do would be to swap sprockets? The C-5, C-51, and C-52 are the same saws, as I'm sure you guys know.
Thanks

If the bars are hardnose without a sprocket tip then they must have the same gauge slot for the chain being used but they can be used for either 3/8 or .404 chain. Bars with sprocket tips must match the chain pitch being used, ie 3/8" or .404 etc, however a roller tip without teeth can also be used with any chain that has the right gauge, the few rollers I have will work with any gauge from .050 - .063

It's a moot point now. The crankshaft on the C-52 is slightly thinner than that of the C-5 and C-51. Not interchangeable.

Back