Lean Running 5100S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt.ram

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and I want to say I really enjoy the knowledge shared on this sight by the vets to the rookies. Anyway, I have a dolmar 5100s I run at 50:1. The saw is stock and it has had about 7 tanks through it. I have the H screw out as far as the limiter will allow and the plug shows it is uncomfortably on the lean side. I don't know that I am running too lean, just don't want to burn up my saw.

mt.ram said:
I am new to the forum and I want to say I really enjoy the knowledge shared on this sight by the vets to the rookies. Anyway, I have a dolmar 5100s I run at 50:1. The saw is stock and it has had about 7 tanks through it. I have the H screw out as far as the limiter will allow and the plug shows it is uncomfortably on the lean side. I don't know that I am running too lean, just don't want to burn up my saw.
Take it back to the dealer, I'm sure he won't mind running it on a tack and see if it's ok.

Thanks for the input. I didn't mention that as far as I know the nearest dealer is about 1000 miles away in Oregon somewhere. From reading the manual it says to turn the screw in to increase rpm so I asume you would be cutting fuel and allowing more air in. I think I would need to turn the screw out more for more fuel, but it has the limiter on it. Am I thinking right?

My 5100 was running too lean with the jet out to the stops. I ground the tabs off and turned the jet out more. Now it works fine. I set it to where it was just hitting the rev limiter. The stock settings had it hitting the rev limiter hard,and running very lean.

This is why we run EVERY saw before delivery..

Take your T27 Torx wrench and tighten the carburator mounting bolts you will get 3/4 to 1 turn and this will solve the air leak.

Scott

Back