Learn to talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Learn to listen

In the 'Sponser Forum' section of this site Treestuff is hosting a communications seminar AND THE DAN GREATLY IMPLORES EVERYBODY who can make it to go.
If you are one of those saying "I don't need it" then that's proof that you do and I can prove that fact if I have to. So go. Don't resist and be humble.
Information on the seminar is down where I said. The seminar is in Indianna some where. If you can't make it there don't worry, I am looking to get one going here and the guy who teaches the seminar does travel.

There was a wise old owl who lived in an oak.
The more he saw the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
We should all be more like that damn bird.

There was a wise old owl who lived in an oak.
The more he saw the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
We should all be more like that damn bird.

I saw that owl the other day. I was setting a line in a Basswood to prune it and he came flying in to check out my throw bag. He came swooping right in out of the woods when he saw that bag and line fly into the top. He landed right next to it so we talked and then he left, back to his Oak I guess. Weird seing one in the daylight like that.

That could be considered a "bad omen".. many native Americans consider the owl to be the harbinger of death... I would be on serious safety alert for the whole year.. be over anal.. don't trust the roots on dead trees, make sure all the equioment is safe and in good working order, extra safety awareness in all areas...

You said it was "wierd" and I agree... BE CAREFUL!

That could be considered a "bad omen".. many native Americans consider the owl to be the harbinger of death... I would be on serious safety alert for the whole year.. be over anal.. don't trust the roots on dead trees, make sure all the equioment is safe and in good working order, extra safety awareness in all areas...

Nice work Buzzkillington.....

We had an owl that hung around the farm for years, I saw him in the daylight many times. I always liked having him around, but I don't put stock in superstitions, and neither did he.

Murphy, Im with ya! I dont get into superstition too much, but why mess with it, nope, I wont walk under a ladder!

The owl probably thought the throwball and bag was something to eat. This time of year food is sparse so he had to stay up late looking for food but still...

Everytime we work on a tree the buzzards start circling looking for food. That's kinda freaky. Hopefully not me, they want the little creatures we chase out.

Last edited:
We had an owl that hung around the farm for years, I saw him in the daylight many times. I always liked having him around, but I don't put stock in superstitions, and neither did he.

I didn't tell him to sell his house and move to Idaho becasue the end of the world is coming.. just be on your toes and re-think safety a little more than usual... don't get complacent etc. that's ALWAYS a good idea!
We don't need tea leaves or astrology to agree on that.

I used to be REALLY superstitious. I've been much better about it in recent years though. Now, it's to the point where I hardly concern myself with it when a black cat crosses my path.. which seems to be a big thing for them btw..

The more I think about it, it seems like the whole superstition thing is derived from some subconscious awareness of the potential for hightened danger.

Maybe you could add a feathered headdress to the avatar murph, kinda soften the effect of the mullet! :msp_tongue:

Maybe you could add a feathered headdress to the avatar murph, kinda soften the effect of the mullet! :msp_tongue:

I don't think that would actually soften the effect in the slightest but still think it would a be good idea.

heap big Indian Cheif !

Sounds like a good seminar

You need to attend if your communication skills fit the following criteria

Types of communication
  • Verbal: "#### you you ####in' ####!"
  • Non Verbal:
    attachment.php
Overcoming ADD and language barriers
  • "Ok, sir now we are going to prune that pin oak in the front yard to HEY! look at that squirrel!"
  • Allright Jose you-o gimme chainsaw-o pretty damn mas rapido!"
Body language
  • attachment.php
Listening skills
  • What? Huh?
Hostility and conflict resolution
  • "You can agree with me or you can be wrong"!
  • "I think we can come to the agreement that you're going to do what I tell you, and I'm not going to stuff your head up your ass"

All joking aside it looks like a really valuble seminar.

Birds

On more than one occassion I have had a red tail hawk swoop down and attack my throw bag as if it was a small animal. Once while I was retrieving it and pulling it across the ground. Owl probably thought it was food.

Murf has some great posts& videos and shares valuable information.
Murf, could you please let us know what the hairstyle is-is all about.
Also, where did the name Mullet come from?:msp_rolleyes:

I am not sure what that is supposed to mean so tell me what you think it means.

Listen good before you open your mouth and then be wise in what you say, is what I took from it.

Of coarse he mentioned nothing about having 2 eyes and 10 fingers, therefore I guess it's anything goes on web forums????

Latest posts

Back