Learn to talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could be considered a "bad omen".. many native Americans consider the owl to be the harbinger of death... I would be on serious safety alert for the whole year.. be over anal.. don't trust the roots on dead trees, make sure all the equioment is safe and in good working order, extra safety awareness in all areas...

You said it was "wierd" and I agree... BE CAREFUL!

:agree2: I think some of this biz is gut feel and if it don't feel right don't do it.

My Father once told me,

"God gave you two ears and one mouth, use them in that proportion".

I would take that as...."Listen twice as much as you talk"

As far as birds and omens go.....well, anytime I have ever seen an owl, and I have seen my share, I alwise thought it was a treat and nothing bad ever happened that I can recall. I always considered it pretty darn lucky actually. HOWEVER....if you ever see a mourning dove I consider that a good thing..two of em together even better! BUT...if one bounces off your windshield that is VERY BAD....make sure your seat belt is fastened...thats all I have to say about that.

I am not superstitious at all. Killed a nice big Great Horned owl with my 83' Park Avenue once, must have been a sign that I would take out a 400lb Llama next. Maybe I should rethink my beliefs here.......

Really though, alway trying to be as safe and productive as I can. Can't afford less of either one.

"He or she that seeth an owl by day, shall be blessed with prosperity and glad tidings and an legion of angels shall encampeth round about thee and protect thee. And thine eyes shall becometh keen liketh unto the owl and thy days shall be many."

So it is written, so shall it be.

Let's see there was something around here written about the boogie man, yep, here it is.

"Boo to the Boogie man and to every creeping thing that shall follow thereafter."

I didn't tell him to sell his house and move to Idaho becasue the end of the world is coming.. just be on your toes and re-think safety a little more than usual... don't get complacent etc. that's ALWAYS a good idea!
We don't need tea leaves or astrology to agree on that.

It has been said that safety is no accident. Neither should it be marred with hocus pocahontas.

Listen good before you open your mouth and then be wise in what you say, is what I took from it.

Of coarse he mentioned nothing about having 2 eyes and 10 fingers, therefore I guess it's anything goes on web forums????

Listen to what? The guy who says owls kill or the guy who says owls are your friends?

Maybe at that point you should open your mouth and say, " Uh, I am a little confused, it seems a bird is just a bird, hi bird."

I am one of those guys who thinks that if you got something to say then say it, that way I know what your are thinking instead of having to guess.

I would think the listening and talking ( whether to voice your opinion or ask a question) ratio should be proportionate to your desire.

Listen to what? The guy who says owls kill or the guy who says owls are your friends?

Maybe at that point you should open your mouth and say, " Uh, I am a little confused, it seems a bird is just a bird, hi bird."

I am one of those guys who thinks that if you got something to say then say it, that way I know what your are thinking instead of having to guess.

I would think the listening and talking ( whether to voice your opinion or ask a question) ratio should be proportionate to your desire.

You are one of those with "two eyes and 10 fingers" and look where it got you on ********? You can say it doesn't bother you that you got kicked off that forum or how you got banned from this website a few weeks ago....but like the saying "two ears, one mouth". Your one mouth told me how you really felt. In the future, I would suggest you heed to "God gave you two ears and one mouth, use them in that proportion" because what you say from your mouth would be in striking distance of your foe.

You are one of those with "two eyes and 10 fingers" and look where it got you on ********? You can say it doesn't bother you that you got kicked off that forum or how you got banned from this website a few weeks ago....but like the saying "two ears, one mouth". Your one mouth told me how you really felt. In the future, I would suggest you heed to "God gave you two ears and one mouth, use them in that proportion" because what you say from your mouth would be in striking distance of your foe.

Maybe he doesn't believe in god, maybe he believes he's an ancester of the apes

attachment.php

Maybe he doesn't believe in god, maybe he believes he's an ancester of the apes

attachment.php

Yeah god gave me one mouth and two ears, stuck me on a boat with a bunch of lions and sheep to have a tea party.

Back