Learning about saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarolar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the best way to go about learning how 2t motors work especially pertaining to saws? I know the basics I want to learn about the finer aspects like how port timing effects things and a good understanding of strat saws basically a precursor to porting. Looking for good books or internet reading.

What is the best way to go about learning how 2t motors work especially pertaining to saws? I know the basics I want to learn about the finer aspects like how port timing effects things and a good understanding of strat saws basically a precursor to porting. Looking for good books or internet reading.
Follow Masterminds blogs he has a bunch of them.

Get a copy of "Two-Stroke Engine Repair & Maintenance" by Paul Dempsey. I think you'll get a bit deeper insight there.
About $20 @ Amazon. Good info on troubleshooting.

Get a copy of "Two-Stroke Engine Repair & Maintenance" by Paul Dempsey. I think you'll get a bit deeper insight there.
About $20 @ Amazon. Good info on troubleshooting.
This is more what I'm talking about I'm not really saying I want to start porting but it's just funny to me that I understand 4 strokes better than I do 2 strokes.

read every post you can ......you should see some of the little tricks this old dog has learned from this site ......

Get some saws that don't run... Take them apart and fix them. Ask for help on this forum if you need it. Repeat a bunch of times. It will cost you a lot of money...

Get some saws that don't run... Take them apart and fix them. Ask for help on this forum if you need it. Repeat a bunch of times. It will cost you a lot of money...
I'm keeping my eyes open but they seem hard to come by around here for cheap people seem to think a broke saw is still worth 100-125$ for some reason.

Latest posts

Back