Least noisy saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreesFall

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know about the 023L but it is hard to find one in good shape. Is there anything else out there that is known for being quiet or at least less noisy?

I like big powerful loud saws but the ringing in my ears doesn't. And yes, I wear double ear protection (muffs over plugs).

Edit - I already have a battery powered Oregon CS300. Low noise but I burn through the battery too fast.

I know about the 023L but it is hard to find one in good shape. Is there anything else out there that is known for being quiet or at least less noisy?

I like big powerful loud saws but the ringing in my ears doesn't. And yes, I wear double ear protection (muffs over plugs).

I have found a bone stock Husqvarna 365 to be pretty quiet for its power [emoji106] I have used a lot of saws and this seems so quiet when compared to others in its class or even smaller 50cc’s. Just my opinion.

I already have a battery powered Oregon CS300. Low noise but I burn through the battery too fast.

I have found a bone stock Husqvarna 365 to be pretty quiet for its power [emoji106] I have used a lot of saws and this seems so quiet when compared to others in its class or even smaller 50cc’s. Just my opinion.

Thank you, this is the type of hands on feedback I need!

I have Minear's disease, and it's a progressive deafening as I get older. I enjoy chainsaws and guns, but there is NO protection that stops it. I wear plugs and muffs, but the tinnitus is deafening. Hearing aids help greatly when I have to communicate with others. After wearing them for years, I have found that Phonak brand is my favorite, by far. You will pay about 2000.00 for a good pair, but some companies want 5000.00 for a pair that won't be any better.

F1CCBE50-546C-42CB-8996-0759C9EF4776.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your tinnitus. I have it to very bad and it’s NO fun.
I have the Widex Beyonds that have settings for sounds to distract me from the tinnitus but I can also stream music or Pandora which is my favorite. They sure help but I sure understand the situation that a lot of people don’t.

Interesting thread... Thanks to many years of playing the drums and loud motorcycles... running saws has never bothered my ears. But last week, I used my father in-laws MS271 and for whatever reason, that saw was ridiculously loud. First time ever I put on ear muffs.

Buy a brand new homeowner saw and keep it stock. Homeowner saws tend to be around 112-113db these days, meaning they are far quieter than pro saws running at 117-119db (think about the definition of decibel ;)).

Echo has a backpack battery which should give extended autonomy, but it's so heavy and expensive you can actually buy three of their most performing ordinary batteries and come out ahead, both in money spent and weight you have to lug around.

Back