Left hand saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I found a Skarie but it seems to be a different model than all the other ones I’ve seen. It’s running an AH-36 engine and it has a different fuel tank
Odd when you sold it on ebay it was not running.

I found this saw at a flea market but it came originally from a barn in Berne NY for those of you wondering. It looks to be missing the recoil and possibly the belt drive cover (I’m not sure if it came with one new or not). I was only able to find 1 other of this specific model online and that gentleman found his about 1 year ago, his is also missing the belt drive cover. To my knowledge and online forums there is only 1 other model made by Skarie and it used an AH-47 for its engine, there are only 9 of those saws known to exist. This one uses an AH-36 as it’s engine and the fuel tank is a rectangular design as apposed to cylinder shape like the AH-47 model. The engine does turn over free but doesn’t seem to have a lot of compression.

homelitecollector1776
Odd when you sold it on ebay it was not running.

I found this saw at a flea market but it came originally from a barn in Berne NY for those of you wondering. It looks to be missing the recoil and possibly the belt drive cover (I’m not sure if it came with one new or not). I was only able to find 1 other of this specific model online and that gentleman found his about 1 year ago, his is also missing the belt drive cover. To my knowledge and online forums there is only 1 other model made by Skarie and it used an AH-47 for its engine, there are only 9 of those saws known to exist. This one uses an AH-36 as it’s engine and the fuel tank is a rectangular design as apposed to cylinder shape like the AH-47 model. The engine does turn over free but doesn’t seem to have a lot of compression.
I just meant what motor was on it, i didn’t mean to make it sound like it’s a running unit. Anyway, the guy who won the bidding on eBay never paid so I just kept the saw, it’s sitting in a box in my shed partially disassembled waiting for parts.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I just meant what motor was on it, i didn’t mean to make it sound like it’s a running unit. Anyway, the guy who won the bidding on eBay never paid so I just kept the saw, it’s sitting in a box in my shed partially disassembled waiting for parts.
Well why don't you put a good price on it and we can work a good deal. Saws do not age well in boxes

Latest posts