legit or not????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys i was poking around on ebay the other day and found this listing. New Hot Rod Ported Polished Husqvarna 562XP Chainsaw Dirty Saw | eBay

Just wondering if this guy is for real or not. Does anyone on here know him? Is he a member here? Looks like he does very good work by the pictures. Figured if anyone knew you guys would.

Randy

I contacted the seller and gave him the link to this post.....we'll see what happens....

It does look like he does good work.

Well at least i know there is another Royal Purple TCWIII user besides me :clap: He does some nice work...Bob

This has been hashed over a few times here.

The only thing I'm going to say about it is look at the base of the cylinder he has pictured there.
It doesn't look real clean to me and I have to wonder if the whole thing is square.

It looks like it was done by hand with a file.

The add is a joke. There are so many unverifiable and totally ridiculous claims its insulting. Here are a few:

1)" I use a custom handle wrap that takes over 80% of the vibration out of the handle" 80%, i mean common, really? I wonder why any major manufacturer isn't using the magic handle wrap as well?

2)"The limiters on the high and low speed jets are removed and the jets replaced one size larger" I am sure the EPA would love this as its now illegal i believe to modify any emissions controlled saw.

3) "This saw produces slightly over 5.8hp, up from the 4.7 stock rating" a 25% increase? Does he have a dyno chart to verify this number?

4) "The intake is enlarged by 30% as well as the entire intake system port matched, from the airfilter to the cylinder" So he ported a piece of plastic that is already less than 1/8 of an inch thick, and enlarged the total volume by 30%? I don't think so.

Caveat Emptor if you think about buying one of these, as the warranty is probably totally void now. He has been discussed here before. I believe the consensus was the ad is overly optimistic at the least.

run,run away. does not sound legit and as jacob said look at the cylinder base. shoddy work in the pic

I contacted the seller and gave him the link to this post.....we'll see what happens....

It does look like he does good work.

The add is a joke. There are so many unverifiable and totally ridiculous claims its insulting. Here are a few:

1)" I use a custom handle wrap that takes over 80% of the vibration out of the handle" 80%, i mean common, really? I wonder why any major manufacturer isn't using the magic handle wrap as well?

2)"The limiters on the high and low speed jets are removed and the jets replaced one size larger" I am sure the EPA would love this as its now illegal i believe to modify any emissions controlled saw.

3) "This saw produces slightly over 5.8hp, up from the 4.7 stock rating" a 25% increase? Does he have a dyno chart to verify this number?

4) "The intake is enlarged by 30% as well as the entire intake system port matched, from the airfilter to the cylinder" So he ported a piece of plastic that is already less than 1/8 of an inch thick, and enlarged the total volume by 30%? I don't think so.

Caveat Emptor if you think about buying one of these, as the warranty is probably totally void now. He has been discussed here before. I believe the consensus was the ad is overly optimistic at the least.

run,run away. does not sound legit and as jacob said look at the cylinder base. shoddy work in the pic

We'll see if the seller show up......he has the link to this thread.

i wasnt planning on purchasing just looking. Figured it was a too good to be true ad. I wanted more or less to see if this guy was known by anyone and if its a TOTAL scam or just overly optimistic.

The magic handle wrap is the same wrap found on tennis rackets. The filed base cylinder is not a 562 cylinder. In fact, the 562 cylinder photographed shows no modifications.

Latest posts

Back